Volkswagen ID Forum banner
61 - 80 of 141 Posts

·
1,339 Posts
Incorrect information. All listed VW’s on Kearny Mesa dealer site are taken, reserved. I called myself to verify it. Anyone have any information of a single VW dealer with ID.4’s, let alone at MSRP? That would be an amazing benefit for our members!

·
Enthusiastic 1st Edition Owner
4,248 Posts
Why would they publish it then? Are they required to?
Marketing 101. If your dealership doesn't list reserved / in-transit vehicles, and your competitor does, who is going to receive more inquiries? Those inquiries are all self-selected sales leads, the most valuable kind of lead. They may even convert them into a Tiguan or Atlas. But they can't do anything if they never get the call/email/visit.

·
208 Posts
Why would they publish it then? Are they required to?
In adidtion to the sales lead aspect, it's also done by automated software When the car gets added to the dealer's database, it gets added to the public website as well.

My 2007 GTI could be seen on that dealer's website, even though it was a pre-sold custom order and not available for other purchasers.

·
4,248 Posts
In adidtion to the sales lead aspect, it's also done by automated software When the car gets added to the dealer's database, it gets added to the public website as well.
I have no idea about the inner workings on the VW-maintained sites, but browsing the listings it's clearly the dealer's option whether to post on Cars.com and the like.

·
208 Posts
Local dealer websites aren't managed by the companies they get cars from, though in some cases the main company website (e.g. ford.com, vw.com hondacars.com, etc) does have some backend access somewhere for "search inventory nationwide" functions to work.

In my case, the dealer group my family has bought cars from for years uses a company called Dealer Inspire. It's ... decent, though it doesn't have the look and feel of the automaker parent websites. (It is consistent within the dealer group, so I can look for ID.4s on the VW site or CR-Vs on the Honda site and the look and feel is the same). There is some customization; the header and bottom help buttons on the Honda site are in the Honda typeface, in this case.

Sadly, it's not always easy to tell if they have a car actually on the lot since all the CR-Vs and ID.4s I poked at from my test links only have stock pictures, and information about interior and exterior colors isn't always there (or the picture is the wrong color), especially interior color. I'm guessing a lot of them are in transit, or they just haven't had time to get pictures since cars don't linger on lots long these days.

·
380 Posts
My status code changed to 30-2 today. Does anyone else also have any good news?
You inspired me to check mine, and when I logged in I got an error that said to call customer care. They said nothing was wrong on their end at that my estimated delivery was July or August. I tried again after the call, still status 03 with an estimated delivery of "mid-2022" and no mention of July or August in the source code. So maybe good news?

·
87 Posts
My status code changed to 30-2 today. Does anyone else also have any good news?
My status code still shows 30-1. What is odd is that a vehicle matching my car's description and VIN number now shows up on my dealer's website.

One thing I can't explain though, is when I dive down into my car on my dealer's website is shows this under "Premium Options and Packages"

VW CAR-NET SAFE & SECURE 3-YR PREPAID SUBSCRIPTION - $269

Anyone else seeing this? I don't know where this came from and I did not add it when I configured my car - AFAIK.

·
4,248 Posts
Safe and Secure is the one subscription package that doesn't come included with the purchase.

I'm unclear though... are they saying they're charging you an added $269 for this subscription? Or are they saying it's included and that it's a $269 value you're receiving as complementary?

You can probably cancel it post-purchase for a refund.

Font Rectangle Circle Number Screenshot

·
87 Posts
... are they saying they're charging you an added $269 for this subscription?
The MSRP shown on my dealer's website is $269 more than I was expecting. The dealer website lists the subscription as one of the options I supposedly ordered. Which is nonsense because there was no way to add that when I configured the vehicle last year. I haven't seen the Monroney label yet so I don't know if this is what will actually show up on the sticker. If it is on the M-label then I may have to pay for it. I hope I can cancel as you suggest.

But what puzzles me is how did it get there, and why doesn't my dealer know why it is there.

I'm wondering if anyone else who can see that their MY2022 vehicle is "In Transit" on their dealer's website shows this or any other unexpected "options".

·
4,248 Posts
Ah! I'd expect they apply it to every vehicle they list? Kind of like my dealer was adding vinyl door protection and etching to every vehicle they advertised. In this case, VW has been trying to drum up business for Safe and Secure, so the dealer probably gets a commission or points towards a quota for each subscription they sell.

I'd call the number now and see if this is something you can cancel post-sale. With that knowledge, if you don't want to take it up with the dealer negotiation, you'll know if your have an out.

I did something similar with a VW extended service plan, cancelled after the sale.

·
VW ID4 2022 Pro S RWD Moonstone Gray
64 Posts
You inspired me to check mine, and when I logged in I got an error that said to call customer care. They said nothing was wrong on their end at that my estimated delivery was July or August. I tried again after the call, still status 03 with an estimated delivery of "mid-2022" and no mention of July or August in the source code. So maybe good news?
Did you check with the Developer mode?

·
380 Posts
Did you check with the Developer mode?
Yep, status code 03 and estimated delivery dates are listed as "null". Guessing he was just repeating some line they're supposed to say about mid-2022 deliveries. He mentioned that Chattanooga was "coming online soon or might have already, and that might explain the delivery estimate" though, which was curious. Assuming it's just a not-fully-informed customer service agent.

61 - 80 of 141 Posts