Volkswagen ID Forum banner

Updates disappearing

Tags
id4 updates
6K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Pro Jules 
If you are not one of the people that manually applied for the update, you won’t get 2.3 yet.
However they are currently rolling out lots of small updates to make the update more troublefree.
My guess is that you recieved one of those.

next time you enter the car, go and sit in it and do NOT press the brakepedal or engine button.
Count slowly to 60, and only then start the car.
the update module handling the updates is currently a bit buggy and will only work if you give it time to boot up properly before starting the car (the 60 seconds)
After that is done, go to system -> software updates and check if your update might be sitting there.
If not, power down the car with the engine button and check if the goodbye screen now shows it wants to install the update.
If you still don’t see anything, my guess is that you received a small background update that got installed already.
One of the updates they are currently pushing is to fix the need to wait for the update module to properly boot. But as long you aren’t sure you have installed that update, I’d recommend to give the car the 60 seconds to “boot up” before each drive

Thanks, but No luck for me, the small update might already have installed.

But, … I found a ‘check for updates’ option in the Help menus! Cool. Reports ‘no updates available (after a short time searching)

Help->Car-docs(3rd option, “Wagend.” in Dutch)->Settings->updates->check for updates
yeah that only checks for updates of the car’s documentation and nothing else.

what code version are you currently running?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.