Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody driven their US ID.4 at night and can report on the quality of the lighting? I haven't seen any comments on the headlights in any reviews, at least not the US cars.

Reactions: theboomr

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
1,995 Posts
Has anybody driven their US ID.4 at night and can report on the quality of the lighting? I haven't seen any comments on the headlights in any reviews, at least not the US cars.
Drove briefly last night - it seemed decent enough, but it was only about 2 miles, so it wasn't much of a test.

·
ID.4 1st blue
126 Posts
I did a 10-mile loop last night on country hilly backroads and really really like the dynamic headlights. The cornering feature is great on roads like that and the auto brights/dim worked well. I wrote it up on another post:

UPDATED: Night driving

• I went out on my fav short, hilly, hard country 10-mile bike loop and WOW the LED lights are great. The dynamic turning things is super cool and helpful on those kinds of roads.
  • The auto brights worked perfectly. They recognized on-coming or rear lights and if anything we tuned to shut off a tad early and conservatively so it errs on turning them off to soon then leaving them on too long. Loved this feature.
  • And of course interior, ambient lights, puddle lights, and door handle lights are all fantastic.

·
1,163 Posts
I did a 10-mile loop last night on country hilly backroads and really really like the dynamic headlights. The cornering feature is great on roads like that and the auto brights/dim worked well. I wrote it up on another post:

I parked in front of my garage door at night and learned all the headlight functions. Haven't tried the auto dim function.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.