Volkswagen ID Forum banner

US Navigation database update 21.7 [22.2->?]

6415 Views 43 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  SunWizard
So the US has gotten the Nav updates now as well Cool!
Are EA-chargers now easier to find as well?
Great question for a new thread! I haven't actually driven since @plh figured out that the navigation system was updated.

It looks like at least some of us have gotten a navigation system update. Go into Settings > System Information to see if you have navigation database 21.7 and let us know if you see any improvements with the POI database--especially EA stations.
Reactions: 1
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
I have 21.7 installed and it has most of the EA chargers in Washington. I wish they’d update the POI database more often, especially since EA is adding a lot chargers here.
I see that I now have it as well - I will experiment later to see if new POI got added..
Poi and navi map is seperate afaik. So poi can get updated without a new navi map.

Road signages and drivable roads are part of the Navi update.
Reactions: 2
I also noticed that update to 21.7, previously 21.5. I didn’t see any notification that this happened, is this typical with updates?
I also noticed that update to 21.7, previously 21.5. I didn’t see any notification that this happened, is this typical with updates?
I believe map updates they don't notify it's just a background process that'll do its thing

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
I believe map updates they don't notify it's just a background process that'll do its thing

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Since they don’t affect driving systems I am sure you are correct.
I seem to get an outside temperature reversion from F to C every time there is such an update, or could be just the weekly overall check for updates? 🤷‍♂️

No big deal and indicates to me that my ID.4 is calling home on occasion. ;)
I seem to get an outside temperature reversion from F to C every time there is such an update, or could be just the weekly overall check for updates? 🤷‍♂️

No big deal and indicates to me that my ID.4 is calling home on occasion. ;)
VW is secretly pushing the SI-system on you guys.
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I hope so!
Reactions: 3
I would be cool with that. My wife would complain like crazy however.
I had a 1 next to the 4g symbol a couple days ago. When I pushed it, it flashed something quickly that I didn't catch then disappeared. Maybe it was telling me of the map update.
We in the USA tried to go metric at one time but just couldn't get enough folks/institutions to adopt same.
Heck, we can't even get over 50% vaccinated in most States! :confused:
When driving through a school zone I go by frequently, I noticed the road sign detection is now showing both the normal speed limit and a separate distinct icon for the school zone speed limit at the same time.
I'm pretty sure this is new and previously it just treated the school zone as a normal speed limit change. Anyone else notice this?
Reactions: 4
When driving through a school zone I go by frequently, I noticed the road sign detection is now showing both the normal speed limit and a separate distinct icon for the school zone speed limit at the same time.
I'm pretty sure this is new and previously it just treated the school zone as a normal speed limit change. Anyone else notice this?
Yep, see the linked thread in message #1. It appears that this navigation database update is responsible. Nice to see a bit of forward momentum on the OTA front.
Ok see the update 21.7 but it still does not find EA stations. As said before I find them by searching for 150kw
Ok see the update 21.7 but it still does not find EA stations. As said before I find them by searching for 150kw
Same here. I do notice than when initially getting in the car my infotainment screen comes to life a lot quicker. My default is a multi window with the map.
Now on version 21.8
I've had my ID.4 for over a month now and I'm still showing the Navigation Database as 20.7 Any ideas why the slow rollout of this update? Is there anything I can do to force it to update?

Thanks

Tim
I've had my ID.4 for over a month now and I'm still showing the Navigation Database as 20.7 Any ideas why the slow rollout of this update? Is there anything I can do to force it to update?

Thanks

Tim
I have no idea when these actually get pushed out, there are no notifications that they happened. As far as I know there is no way to force the update.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.