Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you leave your car outside and unplugged for a few days. Maybe at an airport parking lot for 2 weeks; maybe you live in a condo with no power at your parking spot.

What's the daily kWh loss gonna be?
Presumably you turn off everything you can. Or maybe you can shutdown the car somehow.

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
461 Posts
So you leave your car outside and unplugged for a few days. Maybe at an airport parking lot for 2 weeks; maybe you live in a condo with no power at your parking spot.

What's the daily kWh loss gonna be?
Presumably you turn off everything you can. Or maybe you can shutdown the car somehow.
I believe @ID.Furkan figured out it’s like .1% a day

Reactions: NBCGLX and brulaz

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome. That's very low.
Keep hearing about that guy.
Guess I better look him up.
Thanks

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just saw id.furkan's utube.

Over 88hrs he only just lost 0.4kWh, or about 110 wH per day (about 0.14%).
This is very good. Over on the Tesla M3 forum I see 250-500 Wh per day.

But with both cars it seems you have to be careful to turn off certain energy hogs. The Tesla M3s Sentry mode is particularly bad.

And I wonder what will happen when temperatures are lower. Hopefully the car will not attempt to heat the battery when parking overnight at -20C.

·
526 Posts
Reactions: brulaz

·
Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
396 Posts
I don't think you have to turn anything off in the ID.4 to limit battery drain. Maybe turn off your prescheduled departure times, to avoid the car heating/cooling the cabin while you're gone. Does the ID.4 cancel the prescheduled departure times if, say, there are a couple in a row that you miss? I know my i3 did that and it was a nice feature because I didn't have to worry about remembering to turn off the schedule before going away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts