Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

2021, Red AWD
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually Paul from DAP in his video inspired me to take a look at this mod after seing that the same/similar controls exist on MK8 GTI...

Originally I thought that the UI/coding change would be the hardest, it showed as the opposite - very simple, no SFD... Doable with VCDS in long coding, very straight forward. Once the car rebooted the controls for ventilated seats show-up (step 1).

Gadget Font Electronic device Multimedia Screenshot

Step 2
Since the fans are very unlikely installed and the wires are very unlikely routed, the next step is to install seat fans (Left: V390 for the bottom, V388 for the backrest, similar on the right side: V391/V389) and create the harness and route it from each seat connector to J979 Heating and Air Conditioning Control Module.

Did anyone do any research on this step 2, including part numbers (fans and connector pins), please?

Thank you 馃憤馃憤馃憤

2021 VW ID.4 FE
I am very much interested in this. My butt sweats a lot in the summer. Please continue your research

Check my ID.4 accessories at YuriKAccessories | Etsy

Following
I guess we should look at a couple of shops that do that for Tesla MY/M3 - I see there are few out there.
Despite the seats in ID.4 being much better built than Tesla MY/M3 (IMHO, from the material breathability perspective),
I think that in 110 degrees in Texas I will really benefit from ventilation (as my other cars have it and it is GOOD).

I guess we should look at a couple of shops that do that for Tesla MY/M3 - I see there are few out there.
Despite the seats in ID.4 being much better built than Tesla MY/M3 (IMHO, from the material breathability perspective),
I think that in 110 degrees in Texas I will really benefit from ventilation (as my other cars have it and it is GOOD).
is just ventilation enough, or should it have cooling as well?

2021 VW ID.4 FE

2021, Red AWD
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...what I have on mind is not changing seats, just adding the fan/blower into the seat with using OE parts... Additionally I'm super stoked that the "control/button" is there and this retrofit likely will look EOM...

...as for the "cooling" there is no special cooling connection, most cars have a duct vent right below the front seats that in summer blows air from the A/C... that air is then sucked into the seat. From my experience just turning on the seat vatilation/blower makes a lot of difference even without A/C...

...I'll do some more research during the weekend. The only open question if the ID.4's "J979 Heating and Air Conditioning Control Module" has the mosfets that would control the fans... We will see once we go deeper... If anyone has more pointers/details/part numbers, please share. Thank you!

2021, Red AWD
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
...just a small update on this thread too. I have all the parts and harness but was not able to validate full feasibility yet. The fans are controlled by a LIN bus. It should be the A/C Control Unit J979 based on the set of adaptations for the ID.4 (opposed to a Golf R /GTI where the fans connect to LIN on BCM/CECM J519)... More during the weekend... If anyone has more details, much appreciated....

Please keep us updated and if you can record installation that would be great! I have already updated the audio system. Next would be to add the HUD and ventilated seats.

...just a small update on this thread too. I have all the parts and harness but was not able to validate full feasibility yet. The fans are controlled by a LIN bus. It should be the A/C Control Unit J979 based on the set of adaptations for the ID.4 (opposed to a Golf R /GTI where the fans connect to LIN on BCM/CECM J519)... More during the weekend... If anyone has more details, much appreciated....

Looks like there is a chance the ventilated hardware comes in the US MY23, so the parts may be come more available.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts