Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
89 Posts
Great find, I may have to get my hands on that analyst report. I've actually been thinking about investing in VW for a while. With their EV push and Electrify America they're poised to do really well in the future.

I love that analogy of Tesla being Apple and VW being Samsung. Definitely not a bad position to be in.

·
2021 First Edition
177 Posts
The deep dive into the ID.3 by UBS Group AG analysts found the platform underpinning VW’s EV models will be fully cost competitive with Tesla and boast best-in-class energy density and efficiency. Analysts led by Patrick Hummel called the car “the most credible EV effort by any legacy auto company so far.”
Am I reading this right - the ID series is the most efficient? Compared to whom?

Regardless, it is nice to see that all of VWs work on MEB is paying off. If they're already cost competitive with Tesla, imagine what happens when VW fully cranks up the factories and starts outproducing them.

·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Efficiency could be referring to many things. For example it could mean production efficiency.

·
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 FE
704 Posts
Efficiency could be referring to many things. For example it could mean production efficiency.
That's how I read it.
I did like this tibit: called the car “the most credible EV effort by any legacy auto company so far.”

·
Proud FE owner
1,000 Posts
"UBS says if Tesla is the new Apple, VW may be the next Samsung"

Sounds good to me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts