Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, VW Worldwide confirmed 2021 launch dates of the ID.4 GTX that will happen in May and the ID.5 (Coupe) in October. Both will be production models with specs, pricing, on-sale dates and other details expected at both events.
2022-Volkswagen-ID-Production-Model-Launch-Timeline.jpg

·
304 Posts
Today, VW Worldwide confirmed 2021 launch dates of the ID.4 GTX that will happen in May and the ID.5 (Coupe) in October. Both will be production models with specs, pricing, on-sale dates and other details expected at both events.
View attachment 1359
Glad to see some confirmation from VW about the GTX. Hopefully they don't get stingy on the performance figures.

·
628 Posts
Any idea what the difference is between the AWD version and the GTX?

·
Pro S w/Gradient AWD
48 Posts
Any idea what the difference is between the AWD version and the GTX?
That's a great question. I already have my order in: Pro-S/Gradient/AWD. Currently no other options that I am aware of, but I like the GTX idea.

·
451 Posts
My semi-educated guesses (lower the number the high chance of happening) on the differences between the Pro/AWD and GTX:
1.) GTX Badging
2.) Lowered by 10-30 mm
3.) Sports Tuned Suspension
4.) GTX specific sports wheels
5.) DCC optional
6.) Sport seats (GTI plaid would be cool)
7.) Better brakes
8.) Overboost power for faster 0-60 times over the AWD version

It seems to me that handling will be the real differences for the GTX version of the ID.4.

The 0-60 times posted on the GTX and AWD seem to have no differences.

·
628 Posts
My semi-educated guesses (lower the number the high chance of happening) on the differences between the Pro/AWD and GTX:
Your list is intriguing and has me thinking it will be interesting to see what the differences really are. Can't wait for the reveal.

·
Pro S w/Gradient AWD
48 Posts
1.) GTX Badging
2.) Lowered by 10-30 mm
5.) DCC optional
7.) Better brakes

It seems to me that handling will be the real differences for the GTX version of the ID.4.

Sound right, not enough to make be want to wait. The online order implied that there could be changes made from what they have posted.

·
36 Posts
Is the GTX just the model name for the AWD?
I was thinking the same thing so when I called VW of America last week I asked. The GTX is a different model, not what we can reserve as an AWD ID.4 right now. I like the idea of having a lot a cargo capacity with the ID.4. Besides the GTX being sportier, I am most interested in how much cargo capacity you lose if you go with a GTX over an ID.4.

·
451 Posts
1.) GTX Badging
2.) Lowered by 10-30 mm
5.) DCC optional
7.) Better brakes

One thing I would like to add to my list (most likely will not happen) is the addition of regen paddles. With my e-Golf I will use the different levels of regen to not touch the brake pedal to make turns. After testing the ID.4 this week I would love to see a little more driver engagement in the GTX over ID.4. This would be one way to do so.

·
451 Posts
Looks like the GTX will be coming to Europe only. The below image is from VW Press Conference. I realize that it most likely was not going to the US but it is disappointing to find out. My guess is price point. Hopefully the Audi Q4 will have the sports suspension option.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts