Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out the ID.3's straight line performance as it races against the new 8th gen GTI. It was a close race but the ID.3 did manage to win.

·
777 Posts
I wonder what it would have been like if the ID.3 had been the AWD version with the two motors? I am assuming it was a RWD version.

·
Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
404 Posts
One of the inherent issues with a FWD layout is off-the-line traction. In contrast, the ID.3 benefits from its RWD layout off the line. So this result doesn't surprise me, though it's still really cool! I'm sure the GTI would easily eclipse the ID.3 as speeds pick up, but the ID.3 gives its big brother something to think about until then!

·
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One of the inherent issues with a FWD layout is off-the-line traction. In contrast, the ID.3 benefits from its RWD layout off the line. So this result doesn't surprise me, though it's still really cool! I'm sure the GTI would easily eclipse the ID.3 as speeds pick up, but the ID.3 gives its big brother something to think about until then!
Now that I've seen this video I'm interested in that too! I'm sure there's going to be some track comparisons coming soon between the two.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts