Volkswagen ID Forum banner
21 - 40 of 82 Posts

Anyone seen any hints at when the ID.4 AWD reviews are coming out?

I know that (2) of the InsideEVs reviewers are in Germany right now and other YouTubers (Redline Reviews and Jamie Orr) have not posted anything indicating they are testing them this week.

Thanks.

Scott

Anyone seen any hints at when the ID.4 AWD reviews are coming out?

I know that (2) of the InsideEVs reviewers are in Germany right now and other YouTubers (Redline Reviews and Jamie Orr) have not posted anything indicating they are testing them this week.

Thanks.

Scott
I imagine some YouTube video should surface in the next day or so from the media drives yesterday.

Reactions: NOVA49

I saw that too. I鈥檓 the one that posted then that unlike other manufacturers VW doesn鈥檛 exaggerate their range.

That Moonstone Gray has really grown on me over the months. I really like my Dusk Blue, but that car is sharp!

First video dropped.

Edit: a bit of a letdown as it鈥檚 just driving footage (good footage though) and looks like a tour of the factory.

Some review notes here. Also, says they are arriving now and there are 10K orders in the US.

I was reading the press release and other info this morning. I had no idea the AWD was .6 higher and had firmer spring rates and a thicker roll bar. So makes sense that the ride may be a bit different than the RWD version. The release also noted that the front disc brakes are larger as well.

Wonder what he means by better ride? A little more weight up front and that spec sheet Ross-tech Andy pulled up showed different spring and/or shocks for AWD.

Edit: answered above by A3A!
:) Jury is out I suppose on 鈥渞iding better鈥 since that鈥檒l be very subjective. Sounds like it may be fair to say though that it rides a bit differently than the RWD. Maybe they could increase spring rates and roll bar thickness for handling and still keep absorbency because they may have more suspension travel with the extra .6 ride height, but I鈥檓 just guessing here.

Wonder what he means by better ride? A little more weight up front and that spec sheet Ross-tech Andy pulled up showed different spring and/or shocks for AWD.

Edit: answered above by A3A!
From what I see on my AWD Pro the ride is a little firmer but still comfortable comparing with RWD if I remember right from my earlier test drive in spring.

Very happy with our RWD Pro (Moonstone grey :) ), well, everything except the delayed charging bug... and I expect AWD owners to enjoy their car a lot.

One feature on the RWD that always makes me smile is the turning ratio. Does anybody know how it compares in the AWD version?

One feature on the RWD that always makes me smile is the turning ratio. Does anybody know how it compares in the AWD version?
From the press release its 2.9' more: "a stellar curb-to-curb turning radius of 33.5 feet for the rear-wheel-drive model, the ID.4 feels nimble, especially compared with other compact SUVs. Even the all-wheel-drive model has a tight turning radius of just 36.4 feet."

21 - 40 of 82 Posts