Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ID.4 will have 19.2 cubic feet (543 liters) of cargo space in the back with the seats up and 55.6 cubic feet (1,575 liters) with the seats folded.

To put that into perspective, the Tesla Model Y has 68 cubic feet of cargo space (1925.5 liters) with the seats folded. Also, the Mustang Mach-E has 29 cubic feet (821 liters) of cargo space behind the rear seats, and up to 60 (1699 liters) with the back seats folded.

·
88 Posts
Here is a photo of the ID.4 rear trunk / boot area. Notice how the area beneath the loading area is left unpainted. How does everyone feel about that?

vw id.4 cargo space

·
85 Posts
@RobertS,

EU may measure their cargo sizes different then US. From VW's USA website:
Cargo Volume (with rear seats folded) : 64.2 cu ft
Cargo Volume behind 2nd row : 30.3 cu ft

Which is bigger than the Mach E in a vehicle that is 5.5 inches shorter.

·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@RobertS,

EU may measure their cargo sizes different then US. From VW's USA website:
Cargo Volume (with rear seats folded) : 64.2 cu ft
Cargo Volume behind 2nd row : 30.3 cu ft

Which is bigger than the Mach E in a vehicle that is 5.5 inches shorter.
Thanks for clarifying that @salant76! I thought I didn't realize I was reading the European numbers.

·
24 Posts
Thanks for clarifying that @salant76! I thought I didn't realize I was reading the European numbers.
I really wonder how that is possible since the US size is 50% larger. Are they counting the room begin the second row without the privacy cover and the Europe only looks at the space below the privacy cover?

·
24 Posts
Also, is there any information if there is a vertical metal cargo divider available that would go up just behind the second row similar to what is available from VW for the Tiguan? That would enable the safe use of the entire trunk space without the use of the privacy cover.

·
Super Moderator
2021 ID.4 Reservation
110 Posts
I'm very pleasantly surprised by the volume of seat-down cargo room they were able to achieve on this platform, yet promote a much more stylish exterior than the more typical CUV/SUV box. Well done VW !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts