Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ID.4 will have 19.2 cubic feet (543 liters) of cargo space in the back with the seats up and 55.6 cubic feet (1,575 liters) with the seats folded.

To put that into perspective, the Tesla Model Y has 68 cubic feet of cargo space (1925.5 liters) with the seats folded. Also, the Mustang Mach-E has 29 cubic feet (821 liters) of cargo space behind the rear seats, and up to 60 (1699 liters) with the back seats folded.

·
93 Posts
Here is a photo of the ID.4 rear trunk / boot area. Notice how the area beneath the loading area is left unpainted. How does everyone feel about that?

vw id.4 cargo space

·
470 Posts
@RobertS,

EU may measure their cargo sizes different then US. From VW's USA website:
Cargo Volume (with rear seats folded) : 64.2 cu ft
Cargo Volume behind 2nd row : 30.3 cu ft

Which is bigger than the Mach E in a vehicle that is 5.5 inches shorter.

·
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@RobertS,

EU may measure their cargo sizes different then US. From VW's USA website:
Cargo Volume (with rear seats folded) : 64.2 cu ft
Cargo Volume behind 2nd row : 30.3 cu ft

Which is bigger than the Mach E in a vehicle that is 5.5 inches shorter.
Thanks for clarifying that @salant76! I thought I didn't realize I was reading the European numbers.

·
196 Posts
Thanks for clarifying that @salant76! I thought I didn't realize I was reading the European numbers.
I really wonder how that is possible since the US size is 50% larger. Are they counting the room begin the second row without the privacy cover and the Europe only looks at the space below the privacy cover?

·
196 Posts
Also, is there any information if there is a vertical metal cargo divider available that would go up just behind the second row similar to what is available from VW for the Tiguan? That would enable the safe use of the entire trunk space without the use of the privacy cover.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,567 Posts
I'm very pleasantly surprised by the volume of seat-down cargo room they were able to achieve on this platform, yet promote a much more stylish exterior than the more typical CUV/SUV box. Well done VW !!

·
196 Posts
Now that some of you have seen the ID.4 in person, I am wondering if anybody has heard about a divider that can be installed right behind the head rests to divide the trunk from the passenger space when the privacy lid is taken out. The Tiguan and Atlas have similar optional divider. This could help to protect the passengers if you need to fill up your trunk or have a dog in the trunk.

·
217 Posts
I think we can reasonably assume that any of the kinds of accessories available for the Tiguan, et. al. will be available for the ID.4, sooner or later. After all, VW says that the ID.4 is their new "universal car".

·
196 Posts
I think we can reasonably assume that any of the kinds of accessories available for the Tiguan, et. al. will be available for the ID.4, sooner or later. After all, VW says that the ID.4 is their new "universal car".
I think the official VW divider for the Tiguan has some attachment point just behind the seats. I cannot see those in the ID.4. Also, I have seen a accessory broschiere here in the forum somewhere that had all kinds of accessories but the divider. So, I am still skeptical, but really hope you are correct.

·
217 Posts
As I opined "sooner or later". I also expect to see a lot of stuff from the aftermarket suppliers like WeatherTech.

·
VW ID.4 FE Dusk Blue
109 Posts
Now that some of you have seen the ID.4 in person, I am wondering if anybody has heard about a divider that can be installed right behind the head rests to divide the trunk from the passenger space when the privacy lid is taken out. The Tiguan and Atlas have similar optional divider. This could help to protect the passengers if you need to fill up your trunk or have a dog in the trunk.
There is a divider (called a "partition") in the UK ID.4 owners manual. It sounds like it can be installed behind the front seats if the rear seats are folded down, or behind the rear seats. I have no inside information though, so not clear if this is included or an optional thing, or if it will be the same on the US model.

·
108 Posts
What is the drop in inches of the floor when in the upper most position? Also, is it known if the US version will have the ski pass through opening?

·
691 Posts
What is the drop in inches of the floor when in the upper most position? Also, is it known if the US version will have the ski pass through opening?
No idea on the floor drop. My understanding is if you want the ski pass thru, you need to upgrade to the Statement package. I am not sure if you need to also upgrade to the AWD version or not. I ordered the AWD with Statement package and it comes with the ski passthru.

·
196 Posts
There is a divider (called a "partition") in the UK ID.4 owners manual. It sounds like it can be installed behind the front seats if the rear seats are folded down, or behind the rear seats. I have no inside information though, so not clear if this is included or an optional thing, or if it will be the same on the US model.
View attachment 1245
Thanks a lot for that detail. There is hope.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,567 Posts
My rear floor will spend its life non-dropped as shown in Chipster's photo, presuming/hoping the Pro S RWD has same. I prefer it level with the folded-down seats (which I wish were truly flat but a concession to rear occupant seat comfort), mostly for smaller woodworking project material hauling.

·
2021, VW ID.4 Pro S, Moonstone Gray
18 Posts
View attachment 1245
Does anyone know if this was supposed to be included? I don’t see it in mine, I just purchase yesterday.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts