Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
215 Posts
Same thing happened to ID3 last year when all the reservations went to customers and then the sales dropped by a lot. To be honest, nobody that i know has heard about the ID4. VWOA needs to up their marketing. The only good thing is that it is one of the few EVs that is available in all 50 states and has a very good dealer presence.

·
58 Posts
Same thing happened to ID3 last year when all the reservations went to customers and then the sales dropped by a lot. To be honest, nobody that i know has heard about the ID4. VWOA needs to up their marketing. The only good thing is that it is one of the few EVs that is available in all 50 states and has a very good dealer presence.
Yes I am convinced it is a pre-order anomaly, but ID3 sales are still strong at #3. If you add up all VAG cars (VW, Audi, Skoda and Porsche) things are fairing pretty well for their EVs.

·
115 Posts
Yea, the lack of marketing is puzzling. I think that I only saw the wheel commercial twice and have not seen any of the newer commercials on tv or streaming ad’s at all. Maybe they don’t want drive people to dealerships for a car that has to be reserved. If so, Paul Giamatti might be surprised about another car that happens to be a VW in an ad once Chattanooga is up and running. 😂

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
935 Posts
Yea, the lack of marketing is puzzling. I think that I only saw the wheel commercial twice and have not seen any of the newer commercials on tv or streaming ad’s at all. Maybe they don’t want drive people to dealerships for a car that has to be reserved. If so, Paul Giamatti might be surprised about another car that happens to be a VW in an ad once Chattanooga is up and running. 😂
Speaking of Chattanooga, I saw something on Twitter earlier today that they have begun training people to build the ID.4

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
635 Posts
Is there a reason why Tesla is not included?
Tesla shifts their productions each quarter to maximize their sales. They typically build their oversees vehicles at the beginning of each quarter so they get delivered towards the end of each quarter. Towards the end of the quarter, they shift their production to U.S. production to get the deliveries within the quarter. Their first month of each quarter has very few sales but March, June, September, December sales would show a completely different story.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
935 Posts
Not only that, but they have not gotten the Model-Y as of yet. The Gigafactory in Berlin needs to come online before anybody in Europe gets one. It may be the case that VW views ICE cars as the real competition, but people who are shopping will naturally want to compare ID.4 to Model-Y.

·
ID.4 FE
88 Posts
Yea, the lack of marketing is puzzling. I think that I only saw the wheel commercial twice and have not seen any of the newer commercials on tv or streaming ad’s at all.
Maybe there's just not a heavy ad presence in your market? I'm in Chicago and seeing the "Before" commercials constantly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts