Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New leaked documents from VW show that they are directly going after the Model Y with the ID.4.

Here are the specs that Volkswagen is using to compare the ID.4 to the Model Y. Including some notes that I'm sure dealers are going to use.

VW ID.4Tesla Model YDifference
Length4,580 mm4,775 mm-0.17
Wheelbase2,766 mm2,875 mm-124
Turning Circle10.2 m12.1 m+1.9 m
Battery Size82b, 78n78.3Similar
Range (WLTP)522 km~ 505 kmSimilar
Charging (DC)125 kW250 kW-125
Acceleration 8.5 seconds5.1 (Max Range) 3.7 seconds (Performance)-3 seconds
Price (Euros)44,500 (RWD)& 49,000 (AWD)53-55,000 & 58,620 (AWD)-10,000

• The ID.4 is 17 cm shorter - has 6 cm more interior length, and 1.9m smaller turning circle
  • High quality interior, VW.OS and digitalization (mass-relevant use cases)
  • Established dealer and service base
  • ~ 10,000 euro price advantage
  • Model Y with better acceleration (not volume market relevant) and charging speed
  • More software-centered

·
1 Posts
You also might need to mark quite some options and packages on top of the base price of the ID.4 to get it comparable to model Y

·
30 Posts
@Drew18

Remember European pricing always is higher than US pricing since it usually includes VAT (sales tax) which adds 15-20% to the car. I seem to recall that the price of the base ID.4 in the US will be around $40k where the Model Y is around $50k (for now). For people that live in places like California and Massachusetts after all the tax and rebates the ID.4 base should be around $30k much less than the Model Y which with state rebates will get down to $47k.

Can't wait to actually see an ID.4 in person. Really do think that this is the start of making EVs accessible to much of the US with good range and practical size great for families.

·
23 Posts
@Drew18

Remember European pricing always is higher than US pricing since it usually includes VAT (sales tax) which adds 15-20% to the car. I seem to recall that the price of the base ID.4 in the US will be around $40k where the Model Y is around $50k (for now). For people that live in places like California and Massachusetts after all the tax and rebates the ID.4 base should be around $30k much less than the Model Y which with state rebates will get down to $47k.

Can't wait to actually see an ID.4 in person. Really do think that this is the start of making EVs accessible to much of the US with good range and practical size great for families.
Yes, I saw in another article that the VAT tax on those prices was probably about 19%. So removing VAT would equal:

FWD - 37396 Euros
AWD - 41176 Euros

·
7 Posts
@Drew18

I didn’t know that about the VAT. Thanks 🙏

1 - 8 of 8 Posts