Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
91 Posts

Now they’re showing off 3.1.

In the usa we haven’t even gotten 2.3 yet here they are showing media like 4 releases forward from 2.1. How they aren’t called out for this ridiclousness is a mystery. They just keep showing further out future iterations they never deliver and people don’t say anything about how nothing is delivered. I don’t get it.

·
Enthusiastic 1st Edition Owner
3,450 Posts
...people don’t say anything about how nothing is delivered...
???

What people? Where?

Here, Reddit, Facebook, the missing updates are "The" regular topic and have been so since last summer.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
3,947 Posts
Indeed, and also every 12-weeks Spin reminds us that it was supposed to be every 12-weeks. :ROFLMAO:

Alas McMark you certainly have a negative posting history on this forum. Actually that's good as it belies those who cite we're "fan boys" but also dismayed that you're apparently having such a poor ID.4 experience (your wife backing into you just some bad icing on the cake). Here's hoping the new software soon arrives and makes it much better for you.

note: this thread now moved to the appropriate "software" section where you'll find a great many threads on this subject, even after many duplications were culled!
???

What people? Where?

Here, Reddit, Facebook, the missing updates are "The" regular topic and have been so since last summer.
... people don’t say anything about how nothing is delivered....

·
91 Posts
Indeed, and also every 12-weeks Spin reminds us that it was supposed to be every 12-weeks. :ROFLMAO:

Alas McMark you certainly have a negative posting history on this forum. Actually that's good as it belies those who cite we're "fan boys" but also dismayed that you're apparently having such a poor ID.4 experience (your wife backing into you just some bad icing on the cake). Here's hoping the new software soon arrives and makes it much better for you.

note: this thread now moved to the appropriate "software" section where you'll find a great many threads on this subject, even after many duplications were culled!
My car drives well. From that angle its a good car!

I’d love if the bugs were fixed though. I guess I just tire of VWs pr team putting out press about their amazing software, with nary a peep from the same media that they actually haven’t delivered any. I don’t actually care about new features,I just want all the warning lights to stop going off randomly.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
3,947 Posts
We're all now very tired of the PR without any actual software updates! I too don't really care about same, except for the PR reminders of the lacking. 😞

Yes, thankfully it drives very well (and I only very rarely have gotten any warning lights).

I’d love if the bugs were fixed though. I guess I just tire of VWs pr team putting out press about their amazing software, with nary a peep from the same media that they actually haven’t delivered any. I don’t actually care about new features,I just want all the warning lights to stop going off randomly.

·
386 Posts

buy a new ID4.
comes with 3.0. 😁

·
3,450 Posts
The media is who I meant. They get a pass on the updates from the media.
You have to admit, it's hard to write "nothing happened." VW must be banking on that.

They're showing 3.1 because that's the version they're currently trying to land. Forget 2.3, 2.4, 3.0, in the US we're not getting those.

I think there's an interesting, compelling story here if somebody could glean the internal turmoil at VW, but absent that, unless ID.4s are stuck in driveways or stranding drivers on the freeway, nobody's going to write it because nobody is going to care enough to read it.

·
669 Posts
You have to admit, it's hard to write "nothing happened." VW must be banking on that.

They're showing 3.1 because that's the version they're currently trying to land. Forget 2.3, 2.4, 3.0, in the US we're not getting those.

I think there's an interesting, compelling story here if somebody could glean the internal turmoil at VW, but absent that, unless ID.4s are stuck in driveways or stranding drivers on the freeway, nobody's going to write it because nobody is going to care enough to read it.
And now we go to our news desk for an update…..
Smile Chin Eyebrow Facial expression Hat

·
2021 ID.4 Pro, Glacier White
977 Posts
In the usa we haven’t even gotten 2.3 yet here they are showing media like 4 releases forward from 2.1. How they aren’t called out for this ridiclousness is a mystery. They just keep showing further out future iterations they never deliver and people don’t say anything about how nothing is delivered. I don’t get it.
I think it's pretty obvious - They cannot update the software in any car (after it's left the factory) . . . . yet

It's rumored that our cars will have to go into the dealer and have the 12 volt battery replaced and the dealer will have to install the first update. Also, I read here not long ago about a car which is sitting at a dealers after a major repair and all it needs to be returned to the owner is . . . . you guessed it, a new 12 volt battery, which seems to be unobtainium at the moment

·
2021 ID.4 Pro, Glacier White
977 Posts
This photo peaked my interest too

They show a charge rate of 10 kms per minute (6.2 miles) at 139Kw, which I guess is the new max with version 3 software. As it sits now, my car says it's charging at 7 miles per minute at just 125 Kw. If this is VW's idea of 'new, faster charging' I'll keep my old version, thank you!

·
3,450 Posts
I think it's pretty obvious - They cannot update the software in any car (after it's left the factory) . . . . yet
We know that not to be true -- Europe had a successful 2.3 OTA rollout.

It's rumored that our cars will have to go into the dealer and have the 12 volt battery replaced and the dealer will have to install the first update. Also, I read here not long ago about a car which is sitting at a dealers after a major repair and all it needs to be returned to the owner is . . . . you guessed it, a new 12 volt battery, which seems to be unobtainium at the moment
The car with the 12 volt issues -- is that the one that was in the wreck down in San Diego and is stranded at the body shop? I don't think there's enough info to go off of that. Others here have had their 12 volts replaced with no issues. There's something else going on with that car.

The 12 volt has nothing to do with the update other than VW wants to combine the two service campaigns (2.4 install & EFB battery replacement) into one visit. A new 12 volt isn't "required" to complete the software update or to receive future OTAs.

·
91 Posts
I would love if just one of these youtube reviewers would start by saying something like, "and here is v3.1 of the ID software, though VW hasn't even delivered 2.3 in north america let alone 2.4 or 3.0 anywhere"

·
91 Posts
Yes, thankfully it drives very well (and I only very rarely have gotten any warning lights).
The one that annoys me most, and I realize how pampered this sounds but ya know this is a quasi safe space: At least 50% of the time when I exit the vehicle in the dark the car bongs and tells me I need to turn off the headlights despite them being set to "automatic". Every other car I have ever driven with some sort of automatic lights has them stay on for a few seconds upon locking the vehicle and then they turn off on their own. Cars have been doing this literally for decades and VWs software is incapable of it. It's so so so so so so basic and here I am driving a 45 thousand dollar car that cannot do that.

·
350 Posts
The one that annoys me most, and I realize how pampered this sounds but ya know this is a quasi safe space: At least 50% of the time when I exit the vehicle in the dark the car bongs and tells me I need to turn off the headlights despite them being set to "automatic". Every other car I have ever driven with some sort of automatic lights has them stay on for a few seconds upon locking the vehicle and then they turn off on their own. Cars have been doing this literally for decades and VWs software is incapable of it. It's so so so so so so basic and here I am driving a 45 thousand dollar car that cannot do that.
This happens to me occasionally. I just ignore it and the car turns the lights off by itself regardless of the warning.

·
3,450 Posts
Chris had addressed this
I would love if just one of these youtube reviewers would start by saying something like, "and here is v3.1 of the ID software, though VW hasn't even delivered 2.3 in north america let alone 2.4 or 3.0 anywhere"
Chris (Battery Life) has addressed this in his videos, but he's an ID.3 owner in Europe and has 2.3, and had also been befuddled by the recent 3 different versions.

I believe the German reviewer from Autofugel (I know I'm spelling that wrong) has also brought this up directly with VW reps at a media event.

But here in the US we haven't officially been told much of anything, other than Diess's "summer" comment. VoA sucks for being so non-communicative, but I think we'll get the simpler approach – as far as they're concerned, there'll ONLY be 3.1 so no confusion, nothing to discuss, in a world without the internet where we all don't know exactly what's happening across the Atlantic.😉

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
3,947 Posts
Yeah, I don't understand why that happens either. But then I'm 'only' driving a $35k car. ;)

btw: This is a very safe space. We comment on most anything and that's ok as long as the Force is balanced with some reasonable expectations.

·
91 Posts
This happens to me occasionally. I just ignore it and the car turns the lights off by itself regardless of the warning.
I think this is the most befuddling thing about their software issues. I tried that and 10 minutes later the lights were still on. So for you, no big deal, for me it would kill the battery.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts