Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a chance today to see the new Volvo C40 in person in Boston. Unfortunately I was not able to sit in the vehicle (only 2 built in the world) although I did have a chance to take interior pictures, walk around exterior video and 3D Scan the vehicle's exterior. Was also not able to get any real additional information. I guess it will only be sold as a top trim level, pricing should be out soon (what ever that means) and availably will be Q1 of 2022. Also I did confirm the glass roof (which is standard) does not have a sun shade with it. They claim the tint blocks 95% of the UV rays. Below are some of the pictures I took. Not sure what the best method for posting the remaining pictures (almost 40 additional pictures) and video would be.

Here are some of the exterior pictures.

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue
476 Posts
I don't know what it is, but those vent knobs really bother me. But the rest of the car look really nice.

Reactions: spaceid

·
255 Posts
I don't know what it is, but those vent knobs really bother me. But the rest of the car look really nice.
I agree, I think the rest of the car is great, but those knobs put me off. They remind me of old bathroom sink faucets.

Reactions: egsell

·
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I should also mention that the C40 will be going on a Tour. Unfortunately I do not know what there next stop is. Was in Manhattan for 2 weeks prior to Boston.

·
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really think Volvo screwed themselves with C40. Since it will only be sold in the top trim level with 400+ hp dual motor it is going to be close to if not over $60k. There is going to be to many good EVs at that price Q1 of 2022.

The C40 should have had adjustable height air suspension to drop ground clearance from 8 inches down to 5. That would have helped with the highway range.

Not a fan of “coupe” style SUVs but they nailed the back of the car. Plus the blue exterior and interior is different.

If the price was around $10k less and less equipment I would consider it. I was a big fan of the XC40 when it came out and I am not a traditional SUV fan at all.

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD
764 Posts
Not a fan of “coupe” style SUVs but they nailed the back of the car.
At what point to they stop being "coupe" style SUVs and become hatchbacks? I mistakenly assumed the C40 was a hatchback.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.