Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pro S w/Gradient AWD
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The big thing about the heat pump has me thinking and questioning VW. Has anyone looked at the Volvo XC-40 to compare?

·
2021 First Edition
177 Posts
I had a deposit on an XC40 for most of last year. I really liked the body style and the higher ride height. Really nice build quality, too. Once they announced EPA range and pricing, however, I bailed. Just not enough range for the price.

Of course, I'm in California, so AWD and a heat pump is nice to have, but not a necessity.

·
Pro S w/Gradient AWD
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Talking with the local dealer now. EPA seems a question and yes, a bit more expensive but maybe a step up.

·
VW ID.4 1st Max | Mangan Gray
192 Posts
Talking with the local dealer now. EPA seems a question and yes, a bit more expensive but maybe a step up.
its a step down rangewise even with heatpump at around 0C/32F

·
44 Posts
Volvo revealed the C40 today, the coupe/crossover version of the XC40. It’s 2.7” lower than the XC40 and has sleeker lines. Otherwise, the same mechanically. To my eyes it’s much nicer looking than the XC40. Sold online only. There’s a story and link to the reveal video on Motor1.

·
324 Posts
Volvo revealed the C40 today, the coupe/crossover version of the XC40. It’s 2.7” lower than the XC40 and has sleeker lines. Otherwise, the same mechanically. To my eyes it’s much nicer looking than the XC40. Sold online only. There’s a story and link to the reveal video on Motor1.
Volvo is doubling down on the mistakes they made with the XC-40, namely building an EV on an old ICE platform. End up with a heavy, inefficient vehicle that doesn't bring anything new to the table. Inside EV's take:

"Volvo’s new electric car is basically an XC40 Recharge with a lot less headroom."

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
635 Posts
Volvo is doubling down on the mistakes they made with the XC-40, namely building an EV on an old ICE platform. End up with a heavy, inefficient vehicle that doesn't bring anything new to the table. Inside EV's take:

"Volvo’s new electric car is basically an XC40 Recharge with a lot less headroom."
How dare you say the C-40 is built on an old ICE platform! The CMA platform is a new ICE platform for Volvo. That is the same issue with the Polestar 2 - the center hump looks weird in an EV.

Reactions: FredT and egsell
1 - 9 of 9 Posts