Volkswagen ID Forum banner

Which Cheaper Volkwagen EV Would You Get?

• ID.1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ID.2

Votes: 3 100.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to German press reports, it could be called the ID.2, priced from $23,840 and on sale by 2023:

The car will be based on VW's MEB platform like the ID3. It will start at around 20,000 euros ($23,840). It could be called the ID2, German press reports said.

VW has set up a Small BEV (Battery Electric Vehicle) project team to work on the Polo-sized model, which would go on sale in 2023 at the earliest.

VW has not said what the vehicle might look like, when it might be launched or where it might be built.

VW has said the EU's more stringent CO2 emissions targets will force it to boost the proportion of hybrid and electric vehicles that it sells in Europe to 60 percent of its total by 2030, up from a previous target of 40 percent.

VW is rolling out new electric cars after the ID3 went on sale in Europe in September. The upcoming ID4 crossover, targeted at the U.S. and China as well as Europe, will be followed by the coupe-styled ID5 crossover.

The ID Buzz minivan will launch in 2022 and the ID6 large sedan based on the Aero concept is scheduled to launch in 2023 with a driving range of up to 700 km (435 miles).

VW Group will increase investments in battery-powered vehicles, autonomous driving and related future technologies to about 73 billion euros ($86 billion), or half the company's 150-billion-euro budget through 2025, the automaker said on Nov. 13.

·
301 Posts
I'll go with the ID.2 because I'm sure the ID.1 would be too small for me to sit comfortably. But both the ID.1 and ID.2 sound like they won't come to North America.

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
528 Posts
Considering VW isn't importing the ID.3 (or the Polo), I seriously doubt either will make it stateside.

Reactions: RobertS
1 - 3 of 3 Posts