Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
VW Id.3 and Id.4 - News, Updates and Rumours

not much, just at 5:04, on 2.1 update delaying ID.4 to March for Germany (U.S.?)

and later, some notes on the ID.4 versions available in Europe now (6:56).

Also, interesting Travel assist (4:22) means more installed hardware, so a non-travel assist cannot just be updated with software. We got travel assist on all 1st and Pro if I remember correctly. Interesting (from another source), U.K. got a heat pump option, but not travel assist on 1st (also, if memory serves me right).

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st, Dusk Blue
112 Posts
VW Id.3 and Id.4 - News, Updates and Rumours

not much, just at 5:04, on 2.1 update delaying ID.4 to March for Germany (U.S.?)

and later, some notes on the ID.4 versions available in Europe now (6:56).

Also, interesting Travel assist (4:22) means more installed hardware, so a non-travel assist cannot just be updated with software. We got travel assist on all 1st and Pro if I remember correctly. Interesting (from another source), U.K. got a heat pump option, but not travel assist on 1st (also, if memory serves me right).
UK also gets a 10” screen instead of the 12” we get in the US. Interesting what different importers choose to spec their cars with per country. Wouldn’t Brits value a 12” screen as much as Americans?

·
VW ID.4 1st Max | Mangan Gray
173 Posts
Travel assist is a combination of:
Lane Assist [camera[?]]
Front Assist [radar]
ACC [Cruisecontrol + FA]
Side Assist / BlinspotWarning [Side Sensors] <--- This hardware is what you dont get with the ID.4 1st /ID.3 1st plus

And perhaps some other sensors like the:
Road sign recognition [camera]
Traffic Jam Assist [combination ACC + FA]
Emergency Assist [LA+FA+ACC]
Also not sure if the 360 parking cameras has some input into travelassist [also only on the id4 1st max[eu spec]]

·
VW ID.4 1st Max | Mangan Gray
173 Posts
Probably not since in US we get Travel Assist but not 360 cameras.
and the others then are just software based on the hardware available on the car. Basicly LA+ACC+SA is all you need.. plus the software which makes this happen

·
4 Posts
Wouldn’t Brits value a 12” screen as much as Americans?
the cheeky answer is 'we Brits dont need to compensate'; and then my wife would say 'its not the size but how you use it'. Actually the real answer is different people have different preferences. In the US the desire for the larger screen is because that's what Tesla does! LIke phone size... we saw phones soon become the size of mini tablets, when there was still a market for small phones, and now manutacturers are giving more choice. The same is true for the car... different people will prefer different things.
Personally I dont like the big screen approach... its a distraction! I prefer concise information presented well, and this isnt then about screen size but how it is presented to the driver.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
820 Posts
the cheeky answer is 'we Brits dont need to compensate'; and then my wife would say 'its not the size but how you use it'. Actually the real answer is different people have different preferences. In the US the desire for the larger screen is because that's what Tesla does! LIke phone size... we saw phones soon become the size of mini tablets, when there was still a market for small phones, and now manutacturers are giving more choice. The same is true for the car... different people will prefer different things.
Personally I dont like the big screen approach... its a distraction! I prefer concise information presented well, and this isnt then about screen size but how it is presented to the driver.
That's why I liked the HUD on the Kona. It was uncluttered and had just the bare minimum of what you need to know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts