Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ID.4 will available in six exterior colors in the US.
  • Glacier White Metallic
  • Mythos Black Metallic
  • Moonstone Grey
  • Scale Silver Metallic
  • Blue Dusk Metallic
  • King’s Red Metallic
I guess the Yellow that's been shown in photos is going to be a European option?

·
88 Posts
VW has always offered a limited color palette in the US compared to other markets. It's disappointing. The color limitation might make some sense if there was a separate US production operation in another location, but all ID.4 are coming out of the same factory anyway. Wouldn't take much to send some of the yellow-painted ones on the boat heading to the US.

·
75 Posts
Can anyone find the color offerings in other countries? I went to the VW UK site but couldn't find anything there.

·
293 Posts
That's too bad that we're not getting the yellow. VW could've been a bit clearer about the colors.

·
58 Posts
The German VW page shows the honey yellow and a dark grey available.

Very disappointing the honey yellow (and/or dark grey) is not available on the U.S. model. There’s no good reason it shouldn’t be. Hopefully it’ll become available at the next lock in stage for preorders.

I’d suggest hitting up VW via an Instagram or Twitter direct message. If enough people ask/demand, they may reconsider. Here’s the response I received. I also asked for an option to get the 3D taillights, which are an awesome design element.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 First Edition Locked-in
277 Posts
I'm going with Blue Dusk Metallic as I also wanted a light grey interior and my wife already has a white exterior GLA. Typically limited VAG color combinations. Blue/Grey are the respective colors of my Audi TTS, so .... ;)

·
293 Posts
The German VW page shows the honey yellow and a dark grey available.

Very disappointing the honey yellow (and/or dark grey) is not available on the U.S. model. There’s no good reason it shouldn’t be. Hopefully it’ll become available at the next lock in stage for preorders.

I’d suggest hitting up VW via an Instagram or Twitter direct message. If enough people ask/demand, they may reconsider. Here’s the response I received. I also asked for an option to get the 3D taillights, which are an awesome design element.

View attachment 606
I'm especially shocked with dark grey not being available in the US. That seems like such an easy color to sell.

·
5 Posts
I wish there was a photo of the Scale Silver. I haven’t been able to find one, even on an ID3.

·
3 Posts
Newby here. I have deposit for an ID.4 and reluctantly selected the blue as a placeholder, but really want red or hey, yellow! The blue is too dark for me. I saw a video interview with the VW CEO from the ID factory. At the very end, they showed what may have been the first ID.4 to roll of the line. They did not show the entire car, just brief views including the final inspector placing an OK label on the windshield presumably meaning it passed all inspections. The car was yellow and I immediately fell in love with it. It looked better than any of the pics in this thread. I keep waiting for news on an expanded pallet of color choices. The current website does not even show the blue and no red. I have a Boxster and wanted something that screamed "sports car!", so I got one in Guards Red. When I visit the Porsche dealer, I am surrounded in a sea of grey, silver, black, and white cars. Seems like 95% of the inventory is one of those colors which to me are kind of a lack of color. But the mainstream buyer these wants those conservative colors, so I guess I'm in the minority. I hope at least the red is offered, otherwise I may wait for the Q4 e-tron to see if Audi will offer real colors.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts