Volkswagen ID Forum banner

VW ID.4 Euro NCAP Crash & Safety Tests Video

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ChristophW 
#1 ·
Euro NCAP released a video of their crash and safety tests for the ID.4.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

• a frontal impact test, 50% of the width of the car is striking an oncoming deformable barrier, also travelling at 50 km/h
  • a frontal impact test, the car impacts a rigid full width barrier
  • a side impact test, a mobile deformable barrier impacts the driver's door
  • a pole test, the tested car is propelled sideways into a rigid pole
  • a far-side impact test, the robustness of the centre airbag is evaluated by two dummies in the front.

See less See more
1 1
#3 ·
This is big, 5 star, and did well in all 4 categories! It's great that an air bag came down between driver and passenger heads in side impact collision. This is why I change cars often - the safety technology keeps improving. And the crash tests keep getting tougher and tougher so that one can't compare the results of a car tested this year with one tested say 3 years ago. ID.4 will also be crash tested by NHTSA and IIHS this year. My Pro is on the boat and headed to Cal. I'm sure ID.4 is much safer than my '17 Bolt LT which doesn't even have automated emergency braking and weighs about 1000 lb less.

#4 ·
It's great that an air bag came down between driver and passenger heads in side impact collision.
Unfortunately, the central airbag was a cost savings item deleted from the U.S. version (at least it is only referenced in the European owner's manual). I do not plan to find out for sure in my car.

#7 ·
EuroNCAP press release for ID.4 and its relative Skoda car-- heaps praise on ID.4 safety structure and safety for children passengers. If VW didn't include a center airbag on the US run cars that is indeed sad. Even so, there is a very good chance NHTSA and IIHS will generally confirm EuroNCAP crash test results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.