Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Only a few weeks away. We get to see another great EV option not coming to the US.

• 300 hp 4Motion engine ⚡🔋🔌 (that still seems low maybe 300 hp for the rear motor)
  • Opening orders May
  • Arrival Market June
Edit: I hope this means in the next 2 weeks we have more concrete answers on the AWD version of the ID.4.

·
Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
396 Posts
Isn’t the GTX just the trim that refers to the AWD model outside North America?

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isn’t the GTX just the trim that refers to the AWD model outside North America?
I took it as Vperformance model but with the with the same power and acceleration you may be right.

Hopefully on the 28th everything will be confirmed.

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
635 Posts
I would be surprised if they bring the GTX to the U.S. If it does, it will probably come without radio or AC to keep the costs down.

·
Administrator
89 Posts
Volkswagen has confirmed that the ID.4 GTX will debut on April 28th.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,488 Posts
My Audi allroad 2.0T was 'only' ~200 Hp and also over 4k pounds and it was the best highway cruiser I've ever owned.

But the GTX will of course be far better in raw performance.

[joined 11 days ago and first post is a no-experience negative. Oh my ...]

ID.4 is underpowered for highway travel. 200 horsepower moving 4600 lbs? The GTX is the only VW EV I'm interested in.

·
267 Posts
Firstly, who promotes power in CV units? Secondly, 300 CV is 220 kW is 295 hp. The ID.4 AWD supposedly is 302 hp. The new Audi Q4 e-tron quattro is 295 hp. Discuss amongst yourselves.

·
267 Posts
From VW Media:

With the new ID.4 GTX, Volkswagen is showing the first sporty top-of-the-range electric model on April 28th: In Europe, the respective performance models of the ID. Family will wear the logo GTX in the future. Similar to GTI and GTE, it stands for its own product brand - it charges the world of electric mobility from Volkswagen with new, intelligent sportiness.

"The letters GT have long stood for driving pleasure," says Klaus Zellmer, Board Member for Marketing and Sales at the Volkswagen brand. “Now the X is building the bridge to the mobility of the future. Sustainability and sportiness are not mutually exclusive, but complement each other intelligently. "

The GTX models are particularly impressive when it comes to performance and design. An additional electric motor on the front axle brings the all-wheel drive into the ID. family designed for maximum efficiency. The additional motor switches on intelligently within a few milliseconds when very high performance or strong traction are required. In the new “Traction” driving mode, it is even permanently activated.

In addition, sporty design details and their own light signature underline the top performance of the GTX models.

Edit: Oops looks like this isn't new even though it posted today on VW media site. It doesn't sound like the GTX is that much different from the regular ID, much less than say the Golf to the GTI.

·
526 Posts
Nothing has been confirmed yet but it seems that, at least initially, the GTX will be only for the European market. Volkswagen’s press release doesn’t say that clearly, but we get that impression from the following statement: “In Europe, the respective performance models of the ID. Family will wear the logo GTX.” In the US, they are called Pro S AWD and the major specs match the GTX so far. It looks like we just won't get a few premium features that are Euro only, as we already see since we cannot get the Euro ID.4 Pro AWD Max option with heatpump, HUD, adaptive suspension etc. So far, GTX looks like a new name for the Max AWD.

·
135 Posts
It looks like the GTX will have some styling and interior differences compared to the a standard ID.4 AWD. Rumours are that it will also have a sportier suspension.

·
526 Posts
It looks like the GTX will have some styling and interior differences compared to the a standard ID.4 AWD. Rumours are that it will also have a sportier suspension.
Yes that's probably the same adaptive suspension as on the Max. The only exterior change I have seen so far is daytime running lights in the front bumper corners. Maybe a few trim pieces. Maybe a little upgrade on the speakers, which the Max was supposed to have (and that I would pay extra for!)

·
267 Posts
Yes that's probably the same adaptive suspension as on the Max. The only exterior change I have seen so far is daytime running lights in the front bumper corners. Maybe a few trim pieces. Maybe a little upgrade on the speakers, which the Max was supposed to have.
The drive modes on the FE don't change anything related to the suspension? Just steering and throttle response?

·
526 Posts
The drive modes on the FE don't change anything related to the suspension? Just steering and throttle response?
Ask @ID.Furkan since he is the one with a FE Max.

From the press I read here about Max it has adaptive suspension:
Progressive steering, DCC chassis control and driving mode selection. With the “Plus” sports package (in the top model ID.4 Max), the ID.4’s chassis takes on a whole new form. One of its two components is the Progressive Steering, which works more and more directly as the steering angle increases: its ratio ranges from 15.9:1 to 14.5:1. The other component is the DCC adaptive chassis control, which works depending on the road surface and the driving situation. It regulates the characteristics of the damper on each wheel 200 times per second—this enables a high level of ride comfort or a tight connection to the road.

The DCC and Progressive Steering are coupled with Driving Profile Selection, which gives the driver a choice of four modes. Eco, Comfort and Sport are preconfigured. In Individual mode, the driver is given additional setting options on the central display: They can select fine intermediate levels between Comfort and Sport or make both modes even more extreme—in other words, even more comfortable or even more dynamic.

Reactions: krusshall

·
257 Posts
What does everyone think ID.4 GTX 0-60 times will be?

It's being reported that 6-seconds is what we can expect, about 2.1 second faster than a regular ID.4

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

It's being reported that 6-seconds is what we can expect, about 2.1 second faster than a regular ID.4
The ID.4 AWD is 5.8 seconds so my guess is the same.

·
267 Posts

Audi quoted 0-62 mph of 6.2 seconds for the Q4 etron quattro. I have a feeling the GTX and Q4 etron quattro will have similar setups.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts