Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone wants to watch the ID.4 GTX's world premiere today here's the YouTube.

The livestream starts at 11:00 am ET.

·
Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
398 Posts
Hoping there’s some general info that pertains to the Pro/Pro S AWD, given the powertrains are supposedly the same.

·
98 Posts
Somewhat underwhelming so far. Doesn't look much different from the original. The front logo doesn't even light up.

·
17 Posts
Blue interior? Aye. No real details on AWD, disappointing. id.4 AWD Pro-S vs GTX: Bigger wheels, front lights, blue interior, bumper shape?

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
935 Posts
Pretty content free. But honestly all of these product launches are content free - they want people to get excited, and a list of bullet points doesn't really accomplish that.

·
14 Posts
I think the ID.5 is to the ID.4 as the Audi Q4 e-tron Sportback is to the Audi Q4 e-tron?

Really dumb trend in car design - they'll bring a barely different ID.4 as the ID.5 to the US, but won't bring the ID.3? insanity...

·
115 Posts
I think the ID.5 is to the ID.4 as the Audi Q4 e-tron Sportback is to the Audi Q4 e-tron?

Really dumb trend in car design - they'll bring a barely different ID.4 as the ID.5 to the US, but won't bring the ID.3? insanity...
Correct, just like the e-tron comes in a Sportback model. I don’t think that we will get the ID.5 though.

·
691 Posts
That was a waste of 22 minutes as far as I am concerned. All fluff no real hard info.

·
538 Posts
The only real difference is its a new name only in EU for hyping the AWD option being added to the ID.4 Max, and adds the lights in the 4 corners, and a optional Sports package lowers the body 15 mm (0.6 inches) which I do not want. The HUD is the only option its got that I wish we had an option for in the US. edit: and maybe I would buy the heat pump option depending on price.

·
62 Posts
The only thing I like about it is that there is less unpainted plastic trim on the exterior. I like the red too, wish it could be ordered on all versions of regular ID

·
23 Posts
Found this statement below. In summary, this is a European-only model and mostly just a light cosmetic change from the "normal" AWD model which we will be getting.

Hopefully we do eventually get the progressive steering & adaptive dampers options in the USA, I love those features on my Golf R.

From VW:

"The Volkswagen ID.4 GTX is the European offer for an ID.4 with all-wheel-drive. While the technical specifications will be similar to the model introduced in the United States later this year, the interior and exterior design features are exclusive to the first model of the new GTX subbrand.
This take is typical for the European market, where variants are often introduced as separate models, as opposed to stateside, where all-wheel drive is handled as a trim option."

1 - 20 of 29 Posts