Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
14 Posts
There's a lot of really good info here. I hope this is as-is coming to the US (minus the heads up display, which I know we're not getting). Lots of space. Love the kick lift gate.

·
48 Posts
There's a lot of really good info here. I hope this is as-is coming to the US (minus the heads up display, which I know we're not getting). Lots of space. Love the kick lift gate.
Bjorn was looking at a EU-spec Max, so many of the things you saw won’t be available in the U.S.-spec version, including: gold color exterior option; two-tone interior color option; retractable hitch; HUD w/ AR; 21” wheel option; 3D rear tail lights; and cascading turn signals.

·
14 Posts
Bjorn was looking at a EU-spec Max, so many of the things you saw won’t be available in the U.S.-spec version, including: gold color exterior option; two-tone interior color option; retractable hitch; HUD w/ AR; 21” wheel option; 3D rear tail lights; and cascading turn signals.
I feel like I've seen that we'll get cascading turn signals somewhere... and I'm sad about the retractable hitch. Everything else I was aware of.

·
48 Posts
I feel like I've seen that we'll get cascading turn signals somewhere... and I'm sad about the retractable hitch. Everything else I was aware of.
Per my conversation with Dustin Krause (VWoA's e-mobility director), the U.S.-spec will not have cascading turn signals.

·
116 Posts
All it takes is $$$$, and a contact in Europe, and you can get the cascading turn signals and matrix headlights. At least that is all that was needed to get euro only spec stuff for my '12 Passat and '02 Golf.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
229 Posts
All it takes is $$$$, and a contact in Europe, and you can get the cascading turn signals and matrix headlights. At least that is all that was needed to get euro only spec stuff for my '12 Passat and '02 Golf.
And probably someone to hack the software. ;)

·
50 Posts
so many of the things you saw won’t be available in the U.S.-spec version, including: ...two-tone interior color option;
The black leatherette version on the US Statement and Gradient editions is a 2 tone, but not the same as EU editions since leatherette isn't on their models. The US galaxy black interior is black with brown accents but no pictures seem to exist to confirm the shade of brown. The 1st editions with black leatherette don't have the 2 tone.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
229 Posts
The black leatherette version on the US Statement and Gradient editions is a 2 tone, but not the same as EU editions since leatherette isn't on their models. The US galaxy black interior is black with brown accents but no pictures seem to exist to confirm the shade of brown. The 1st editions with black leatherette don't have the 2 tone.
For the 1st Editions, the seating won't be two-tone, but accents (dash and door inserts) will be. Per the order guide, the specs are:
  • Galaxy Black w/ gray dash & platinum gray leatherette door inserts
  • Lunar Gray w/ gray dash & platinum gray leatherette door inserts

·
50 Posts
For the 1st Editions, the seating won't be two-tone, but accents (dash and door inserts) will be. Per the order guide, the specs are:
  • Galaxy Black w/ gray dash & platinum gray leatherette door inserts
  • Lunar Gray w/ gray dash & platinum gray leatherette door inserts
Right. I like that 1st edition Galaxy Black interior option...without the odd 2-tone! Here's the complete summary from the order guide for all editions....

Two tone....🤮

Attachments

·
229 Posts
I think the platinum gray with the FE Galaxy Black will help with the black/white contrast.

·
50 Posts
If the ID.4 uses the same protocol as other VW's, then the software/cable is readily available for about $250. I am really hoping it is as I already have the software and cable from my other VW's.
Lead us the way! Seriously, not sarcastically.

·
48 Posts
I was referring to the two-tone grey/brown for the EU Max, which I think is pretty slick. To each their own of course.

·
116 Posts
Lead us the way! Seriously, not sarcastically.
The vendor is Ross-Tech with their VCDS software. With their software you can access every computer in the car and make any changes that are allowed. There are some things you can do with their software that a dealer can't do. I have a sent them an email asking if they have any idea if their software is compatible with the ID.4. They are in the US with contacts in Germany. As soon as I hear from them, I will let you know. I don't want to send folks off to a product that won't work.

·
50 Posts
The vendor is Ross-Tech with their VCDS software. With their software you can access every computer in the car and make any changes that are allowed. There are some things you can do with their software that a dealer can't do. I have a sent them an email asking if they have any idea if their software is compatible with the ID.4. They are in the US with contacts in Germany. As soon as I hear from them, I will let you know. I don't want to send folks off to a product that won't work.
Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the ID.4 doesn't have an ODB-II port. Maybe that's not correct. Even without using it for software modification it would be a shame not being able to pull diagnostic info or other data from the car.

It looks like your solution uses a "Hex-V2" port. Is that right? I haven't heard of that one before. Where is this port on your current car?

·
116 Posts
Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the ID.4 doesn't have an ODB-II port. Maybe that's not correct. Even without using it for software modification it would be a shame not being able to pull diagnostic info or other data from the car.

It looks like your solution uses a "Hex-V2" port. Is that right? I haven't heard of that one before. Where is this port on your current car?
That has been one of my questions, does the ID.4 have an OBD port? I know some EV's do as some of the trip planning software use a dongle plugged into the OBD port to input current live data to the planning app to give it more accurate info.
I have the original cable and the one previous to the Hex-V2 cable. The newer cables work with the newer cars, and are back compatible with the older cars. The OBD port in my Golf, Passat and Jetta are all up under the dash on the far left side.

·
116 Posts
I sent an email to Ross-Tech support and asked if their software would work on an ID.x vehicle, here is their response.

"What does ALL of the writing on the Ross-Tech device say? Can you submit a photo of it?"

I am not sure what to make of the response, I will try to get clarification but what they wrote doesn't make sense to me. I guess I was expecting a yes or no answer.

·
10 Posts
There is a thread on the Ross-Tech Forums VCDS HEX V2 and VW ID.3 that is entitled
VCDS HEX V2 and VW ID.3
that has this information: "Beta 20.9.0 included preliminary support for Mk.8 and MEB (ID.x) chassis cars... " and the beta is on their download page.

I've downloaded it and installed it and it runs fine on my Atlas.

My id.4 is NOT on their download page, however - where could they be hiding it? ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts