Volkswagen ID Forum banner
81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
19 Posts
Hey this is just for fun but I want to see if this is right. I'm guessing the majority of ID4 owners and interested buyers in the USA are:
  • Mostly male
  • In their 50's or over
  • Professional, lots of engineers, especially in IT
  • Super practical
  • Appreciate Tesla, but don't feel good about the value given the pricing, quality and Musk's behavior
  • Previous cars were German
Can all of you chime in? Hopefully, I'm totally wrong and its a much broader group.

·
19 Posts
Mostly male - Yes.
50's or over - Yes.
Professional, Engineers - Yes & No (not I.T.).
Super practical - Yes.
Tesla - Model 3 was a good choice in 2018, but a wider range of choices exists now. Our respect for Elon & his antics has plummeted. No more Teslas.
Previous cars - 1st cars were Pontiac, Merc/Fords, Datsun, Corolla, 2 Rabbits, 2 Tercels, 2 Civics, 3 Prius' (1 PHEV)
(The bonus question) Fossil fuels - Get off them now. We're trying to do our part to make the planet better for those coming after us.

Charlie (Happy Thanksgiving, friends!)
Nope, female here
over 50 way over
not an engineer
tesla - fit and finish suck
first car, Chevy, second a VW
practical, yes
environmentally conscious

·
1 Posts
I was 40 when I bought it, male, very technical but not working in the IT field. Think Tesla is ok. Fossil fuel needs to stop for sure… worth noting many drivers I meet on the charging stations are probably split between younger and older than 50, I think over 40 would be a sure yes for the age

·
2023 ID.4 Pro S Pure Gray
3 Posts
Hey this is just for fun but I want to see if this is right. I'm guessing the majority of ID4 owners and interested buyers in the USA are:
  • Mostly male
  • In their 50's or over
  • Super practical
  • Appreciate Tesla, but don't feel good about the value given the pricing, quality and Musk's behavior
Can all of you chime in? Hopefully, I'm totally wrong and its a much broader group.
Spot on for all but the ownership of a German car. I’ve driven a Toyota Prius for years and was very disappointed in Toyota’s foray into the EV market. Oh, and Musk is not a good human being

·
60 Posts
  • Mostly male
  • In their 50's or over
  • Super practical
Libacrites very judgmental and not pickers

·
16 Posts
  • Mostly male
  • In their 50's or over
  • Super practical
Male 73
retied USAF officer
yes practical for all the grandpa duty …running to school events, ball games, Dr appointments and the list is growing
tesla is fine..but why pay more in order to meet needs
i drove VWs in the 70s. And 80s….
I don’t buy into climate change or global warming..but I want CLEAN air, water, and environment…

·
25 Posts
  • Male: Yes
  • In their 60's or over: Yes
  • Professional, lots of engineers, especially in IT: Java Programmer
  • Super practical: Maybe a bit practical, but not in all areas of life. But in concerns about gas prices, dependency on gas supply from other counties, and dependency on Fossil fuels (An EV does not really move us away from Fossil fuels, not while we are still using Natural Gas and coal for Electricity)
  • Appreciate Tesla: When they first came out I thought they were awesome, but I did not buy one at the time because they were out of my price range, but now I don’t like them and would not buy one because value given the pricing, quality and Musk's behavior and I don’t like the looks or styling any more.
  • · Previous cars were German: My first German car was a 2004 Jetta – Loved it. Then later a 2014 Diesel Jetta – Loved it (Sold it Back) and now I also owned a 2023 Atlas V6 – which I do not love as much. It has transmission issues and not fun to drive like the ID.4 or the Jettas. Only brought the Atlas to pull a boat. If there was an EV that could pull a boat (3,500 lbs.) I would have brought one instead of the Atlas. I would never buy a FORD so the Electric Truck is out.

What is U.S. electricity generation by energy source?

·
1 Posts
  • Mostly male
  • In their 50's or over
  • Super practical
Check to all the above

·
4 Posts
  • Mostly male
  • In their 50's or over
  • Super practical
White make age 66, musician, gadgeteer, teacher, I’ve had Subarus, a TDi sportwagen, a Prius, an e-Golf (most recently.) I loved my eGolf and the ID.4 was to solve the only two drawbacks: Range, Cargo space. Now that I have both solar panels and a level 2 home charger, I feel better about the expensive price. I’ve yet to take it on an out-of-town trip that was free from charging anxiety.

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
I think your demographic matches forum members more than ID4 owners in general.
However, I do fit your description 😁.
I agree with you. Anecdotally, every time I 've been at a dealer looking at the ID4, there are always 50 something year old guys also looking.
That said, I wonder what the overall sales demographics are for the ID 4.

·
1 Posts
  • Mostly male
  • In their 50's or over
  • Super practical
  • Mostly male - MOST CARS I SEE AT CHARGING STATIONS ARE DRIVEN BY WOMEN!
  • In their 50's or over - FOLKS I SEE AT CHARGING STATIONS LOOK TO BE MORE IN THEIR 30S AND 40S.
  • Professional, lots of engineers, especially in IT - DON’T KNOW! I AM IN THE CORPORATE/LEGAL FIELD!
  • Super practical - ALL IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER!
  • Appreciate Tesla, but don't feel good about the value given the pricing, quality and Musk's behavior - AGREE ON PRICE BUT NOT ON MUSK! ONLY A PROGRESSIVE LIBERAL WOULD FIND ANYTHING WRONG WITH MUSK!
  • Previous cars were German - DON’T KNOW! ALL MY PREVIOUS CARS WERE AMERICAN AND JAPANESE.
  • I guess I am the exception to the rule!

·
31 Posts
My wife is the owner. She is 67 years old. A psychologist. Previous car a Honda. Didn't like the Tesla. Loves not going to the gas station. I wouldn't describer as super practical, at all. Fortunately she doesn't read this forum, I do. Then again, I'm 71, a mostly retired engineer. Dislike Elon. But, I drive 17 year old Honda Pilot with 271K miles on it. It holds all my toys, drives well in the snow. And, still works very well.

·
77 Posts
  • Mostly male
  • In their 50's or over
  • Super practical
60 yo old woman
Retired from Education
Smart and sometimes practical
Elon Musk is a …
Previous cars were not German. Nissan and Infiniti

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
  • Mostly male. Mostly
  • In their 50's or over. Over by a significant margin
  • Professional, lots of engineers. Retired aerospace engineer
  • Super practical. Of course
  • Appreciate Tesla, but don't feel good about the value, quality and Musk's behavior. Hell Yes
  • Previous cars were German. I had a Jetta TDI and I am still pissed.
  • Want to end reliance on fossil fuels yes. Very much

·
1 Posts
  • Mostly male
  • In their 50's or over
  • Super practical
Not quite.
  • Female
  • Over 60
  • Professional, in DEI space
  • Yes, practical
  • Would not own a Tesla as a gift
  • Most previous cars were Japanese, but one Audi

81 - 100 of 124 Posts