Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Edit: Link to the PDF manual for the ID.4 version revised below.

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wished that there are more specific info in this manual. The driving modes really don't get much detail info. One driving mode that is specific to the AWD is this:

Traction: distributes the drive power equally between the front and rear axles and adjusts the running gear to a softer setting. The Traction driving profile is available only in vehicles with all-wheel drive.

Does anyone know if the (2) motors are closer to the same power output? Or is the front motor 101 HP?

The two smaller motors are 109 and 125 kW which is 9 kW (12 HP) higher than the 225 kW (302 HP) AWD set-up.

·
593 Posts
Does anyone know if the (2) motors are closer to the same power output? Or is the front motor 101 HP?
Everything I have read is that the front motor is 101hp.

·
593 Posts
..now please be on the hunt for a Service Manual. :) :). Thanks!!
The only place to get the Service Manual for any VW for the past 10 years is online at erWin.com. Last time I looked it was $35/day for access. It took me about 4.5 hrs to download everything from the site for my 2014 JSW.

Reactions: Huey52 and corfam

·
21 Posts
Thx for posting here. I am one of the 4 people in the world not on Facebook. Two days ago I was able to get the PDF without logging in. Glad I saved it as I just tried the link again and its asking for me to login.

I started phasing out after about 300 pages then really started skipping around. I didn't really find specifics I was looking for regarding towing. It seems like the manual is written for the fold out hitch type. However from my hope and the documentation I have read in threads here and pictures that the USA model has a 1-1/4" hitch, not the fold out.

·
68 Posts
Thx for posting here. I am one of the 4 people in the world not on Facebook. Two days ago I was able to get the PDF without logging in. Glad I saved it as I just tried the link again and its asking for me to login.

I started phasing out after about 300 pages then really started skipping around. I didn't really find specifics I was looking for regarding towing. It seems like the manual is written for the fold out hitch type. However from my hope and the documentation I have read in threads here and pictures that the USA model has a 1-1/4" hitch, not the fold out.
Eric, can you please post your copy elsewhere? That's not a facebook login, it's an attempt to steal facebook credentials.

Thanks.

·
170 Posts
Admin

Please consider purging the link from the original post. It's a credential stealing Facebook lookalike page.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
790 Posts
I am one of those 4 Faceless-Facebook folks so had no issue with the original link, but it has now been purged. ;)

We must all be ever vigilant against look-alike websites and emails ("phishing" etc.)!

·
52 Posts
This manual is for a British audience (“bonnet”, “tyres”, etc.) so I expect the US version will be different. Everything I’ve seen about the US version suggests we’re getting the 1-1/4” receiver hitch... no ball.

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am one of those 4 Faceless-Facebook folks so had no issue with the original link, but it has now been purged. ;)

We must all be ever vigilant against look-alike websites and emails ("phishing" etc.)!
Sorry, if I posted a bad link. Next time I will save and attach the PDF.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts