Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Reserved the pro awd w stalemate package. So confused on the panoramic glass roof, can any advise if it will tilt or open at all? Seems to be conflicting info that read. My wife is demanding a sunroof! Thanks!

·
20 Posts
This is a good thing. It seems that every VW over the last 10 years that had a pano roof has leaked. By making it fixed glass, you really don’t need to worry about that anymore. I much prefer this.

But I would guess that the logic behind this is weight. Most people don’t open their pano roofs but like them for the extra light they bring in. Having those sunroof motors just adds weight, complexity, etc.

Tesla and the Mach E both have fixed glass pano roofs also

·
38 Posts
A fixed roof provides a better unobstructed view. A regular pano roof needs a structural member in the middle and doesn't provide the same panoramic view. I prefer the once piece fixed glass due to better viewing experience and structural simplicity. Many Land/Range Rovers have had this type of roof for a few years now.

·
25 Posts
My 2010 and 2015 Sportwagens have panoramic glass roofs that open. I rarely open them. Is a nice to have for more light inside the cabin during the day.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 First Edition Locked-in
224 Posts
Same here, a number of pano-roofs and rarely opened. Had water leaks in two of them (now better maintained as I no longer rely on dealership inspections). So I'm fine with a fixed pano-roof as well.

I've never significantly overheated the cabin by parked solar loading with the shade closed and the typical tint does a good job when underway in all but the most Sun intensive months in the northeast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts