Volkswagen ID Forum banner

81 - 100 of 130 Posts

·
214 Posts
The German cars have always had much smaller turning radius than Asian, in my experience. The ID.4 is apparently outstanding in this area. Will be curious about the Nissan. One does not appreciate how useful this is, until you have had a vehicle with a small turning radius.

·
ID.4 Pro S (Statement) AWD Reservation 9/23/20
286 Posts
The German cars have always had much smaller turning radius than Asian, in my experience. The ID.4 is apparently outstanding in this area. Will be curious about the Nissan. One does not appreciate how useful this is, until you have had a vehicle with a small turning radius.
Just turn off the traction control; turn super sharp; and smash the accelerator. Your turning radius will get much smaller!

Reactions: ted99

·
286 Posts
Picked this up at the Supermarket this morning:

Using it to plant the seed in my wife's head in case the Ioniq looks like this.

·
286 Posts
@TT97,

Close. The Ioniq 5 is more aerodynamic and the headlights wrap around the side more.
:)

I loved the Lancia Delta growing up. I had a few friends that had one but no one had the HF Integrale. I have seen two in 30 years in the U.S. Once on a flatbed in Manhattan and a second one just a few weeks ago going through the canyons in L.A. I am looking forward to the Ioniq but guessing it will be considerably larger than the Delta.

·
286 Posts
@TT97,

What do you think?
It looks promising (enough to stay up until 11:00 to watch the unveil tonight). [The harder part would be to convince the wife if it beats out the ID.4.]

·
229 Posts
Take this article with a grain of salt. Also, please note that it was auto translated from German to English:

·
107 Posts
I may stay up and watch the unveiling on Hyundai’s website. I assume the estimated 500km of range for the IONIQ 5 is based on the WLTP standard, so I think the range would be comparable to that of the ID.4.

·
229 Posts
@TimD,

Yes the range would be WLTP. Similar range and usable size to the ID.4 with smaller battery (hopefully less weight) and faster charging. Biggest question is price.

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
I am not staying but I will be watching this first thing. I hope for some good competition that puts pressure on everybody.

·
65 Posts
That crease on the side sure is an interesting design choice. Overall, it looks more like a sports car than an SUV.

·
107 Posts
That crease on the side sure is an interesting design choice. Overall, it looks more like a sports car than an SUV.
Creases like the Elantra and Tucson. Hyundai calls it their “Parametric Dynamics” design theme, and they refer to “jewel-like body surfaces” in their marketing literature.

·
13 Posts
I wasn't so sure about the look of the concept 45... but it has grown on me. These shots of the production are starting to look pretty good. The only thing that remains to be seen is the price, and whether they expand selling EVs to my state. I was considering the Kona EV, or Kia Niro EV, but they are only available in limited markets in the US. If the price is competitive for a trim comparable to the ID.4, I'm going to have a tough decision. All other things being equal, I probably like the look of the ID.4 a bit more.

·
58 Posts
Price, AWD and heat pump are the things that will get me thinking about it. Looks wicked.

·
286 Posts
Well, that was a short reveal. Not much new information from what was previously teased/leaked. No real info provided. Now we wait for additional info.

81 - 100 of 130 Posts