Volkswagen ID Forum banner

101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
229 Posts
I did find a video last night (morning) that was a decent walkthrough video. Wasn’t a YouTube video but in bedded into a German website. Will try to post it later today.

No set pricing but this article goes over a few things including battery sizes which looks different for the US. The “45” edition which is being sold in Germany is the same price as the 1st Max. The cheapest one listed is around 41k Euros. Sounds like more detail info will come later.

A few images (I believe the Silver is actually a matte finish):

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Price, AWD and heat pump are the things that will get me thinking about it. Looks wicked.
Agreed. This will be a tough choice. I also hope that we will have plenty of information from daily use here in the US from the 1st edition owners until the AWD is coming.

·
32 Posts
The Ioniq 5 looks really nice, and I love the interior, at least what I've seen so far. I'd be interested in seeing what colors are available. The silver looks pretty awesome, but is a little too "Back to the Future" for me. Also, price. If it's comparable to the ID.4 then I have a much tougher choice. I feel like it's going to be $50k + though.

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
The Ioniq 5 looks really nice, and I love the interior, at least what I've seen so far. I'd be interested in seeing what colors are available. The silver looks pretty awesome, but is a little too "Back to the Future" for me. Also, price. If it's comparable to the ID.4 then I have a much tougher choice. I feel like it's going to be $50k + though.
Electrek.co mentioned 30-40k. Not sure where they got that number from so I am not convinced. Also, who knows when it comes to the US. Same article mentioned SK and Europe first, of course.

·
107 Posts
Hyundai's US site has some good information, including the color choices for North America. Hyundai IONIQ 5 Redefines Electric Mobility Lifestyle

·
32 Posts
This video shows design and function details on the Ioniq 5:

I saw this and was going to post it but the site was down! Thanks for posting here. I'm not sure whether that is dark gray or black, but I love that color. It's a gorgeous car imo.

I'm really intrigued by the Ioniq, and as much as I enjoy VW and think the ID.4 is a winner, I'm really tempted. It will really come down to pricing and availability.

·
100 Posts
I saw this and was going to post it but the site was down! Thanks for posting here. I'm not sure whether that is dark gray or black, but I love that color. It's a gorgeous car imo.

I'm really intrigued by the Ioniq, and as much as I enjoy VW and think the ID.4 is a winner, I'm really tempted. It will really come down to pricing and availability.
And for me how long it takes to get one. I could wait if it is really going to be available this year but not if it goes into next year.

·
214 Posts
Well that does it for me. I will not be taking delivery of my FE, when it arrives. Many details to be revealed in the Ioniq before I can make a final decision, but I'm fortunate to not need to make a decision, yet. The VERY long wheelbase makes for a LOT of interior room and shows that Hyundai has taken full advantage of the skateboard platform. I also think it looks as good as the ID.4, in it's own way, and is a long roof. Particularly interesting is Hyundai saying they are examining leasing the battery. In my case, with a PHEV for long trips, I can see myself leasing the smaller battery at first and switching to a larger battery when I retire the PHEV. This battery leasing model really removes my greatest concern with a full EV at this time. Batteries are going to improve a LOT in the next three years and a car with today's batteries is going to lose a lot of value in three years. If the platform of the Ionic 5 is satisfactory for a longer run--and it certainly appears to be with it's advanced driver aids--I'd feel a lot better about plunking down now.

·
101 Posts
It is a really interesting design. I find myself both intrigued and unintrigued (is that a word) at parts of the model. I like the exterior design a lot. I don't quite understand the obsession with frunks, but there it is. The interior design leaves a lot to be desired at least in my opinion. And the UI seems odd to me. But the list of (potentially available) usability features is compelling for sure. I do not like the power share features and worry that it will lead to power theft. Any thought on when pricing and release will happen?

·
1st Edition - Arriving in US
520 Posts
Reactions: ChristophW

·
107 Posts
It is a really interesting design. I find myself both intrigued and unintrigued (is that a word) at parts of the model. I like the exterior design a lot. I don't quite understand the obsession with frunks, but there it is. The interior design leaves a lot to be desired at least in my opinion. And the UI seems odd to me. But the list of (potentially available) usability features is compelling for sure. I do not like the power share features and worry that it will lead to power theft. Any thought on when pricing and release will happen?
Hyundai says "Coming December 2021" for the U.S. model in the text description on its YouTube channel: IONIQ 5 Global Reveal
Whenever Hyundai reveals pricing, I'll decide between the IONIQ 5 and the ID.4 (and I guess Kia's upcoming EV).

·
101 Posts

·
ID.4 Pro S (Statement) AWD Reservation 9/23/20
286 Posts
I am in a similar boat. I like all 3; ID.4, Ioniq and the Ariya. The ID.4 has advantage on timing and the most information currently (only missing AWD EPA). As I am waiting for the AWD, my assumption (or hope) is that both the Ioniq and the Ariya will have more information and pricing available by the time the AWD is available for purchase. I am fine waiting longer for the Ioniq/Ariya if I prefer the specs over the ID.4.

Reactions: ted99

·
229 Posts
Per CNet, the frunk is .85 cubic feet. Good place to store your smelly gym shoes, I guess. :)

Their pricing on the Model Y isn’t correct. It is $48, 990. Then again it will change 6 times the next 6 months.

Trunk space on the Ioniq 5 can change a lot when the rear seats can slide 8 inches. So kinda question that is smaller than the Mach E.

I still think comparing the ID.4 to the Mach E and Model Y is silly. It is cheaper, 6 inches shorter than both and has much more ground clearance then either one. It is also much more practical then either one with roof rails and a more square trunk space. Really out of the 4 listed in the Roadshow article the only real RAV4 EV alternative.

I really like the Ioniq 5. Still need to know more info on price and what it will come with. Little concerned that the car may be a leather only car since the specs link @TimD listed about mentions only 2 interior color options.

Either way it is great to see another EV option out there.

·
101 Posts
I find it so interesting that the ID.4 is the smallest of all these cars, and I think its too big. I came into this whole EV process wanting an e-golf with a 200 mile range and ended up here instead.

·
101 Posts
jumper cables? Actually that is a question I have. Can an EV owner participate in using jumper cables, send or receive?
So I answered the question myself with a little googling. the 12V battery on an EV is not often a cold cranking battery and should not be used to assist in jump starting another car. and of course the reverse is an even worse idea.

101 - 120 of 130 Posts