I've had my 2022 VW ID.4 for a few weeks now. My wife does most the driving, there's a few things I'd love to be in an eventual update via software.
1) Auto-lock on exit. The auto start and auto-unlock are great.. but why do I need to fish my keys out of my pocket to lock the car when I exit? So frustrating coming from a Honda Clarity Plug in that has this option. I never want to have to take my keys out of my pocket. Should be an easy software update right?
2) Another great feature of my Honda Clarity that is missing. You can assign your key fob to the user. So seat position adjusts as soon as you unlock the door. I share this car with my wife and can hardly squeeze into the seat upon entry. My Clarity knows what user you are based on the key fob.
3) Total revamp of the MyVW app to add some semblance of usefulness and stability.
More to come.. but those are the big ones for me thus far. And very noticeable coming from a Honda Clarity that already had features I'm very accustomed to and seem simple to implement.
The default map just plain sucks and only useful if you lost all gps and satellite signal in the middle of nowhere. It doesn’t have satellite photo maps, it doesn’t tell you what lane you should be in, early 2000 robotic female voice, and looks like a Garmin infotainment 📀 DVD. The only thing it can do better than Apple or Google maps is it has a zoom feature with a pinch 🤏 and it’s poor EA integration. Also it couldn’t even locate a Trader Joe’s near me that’s been there for over 5 years.My wishlist after a month of ownership:
- BACKLIGHT THE DAMN BUTTONS PLEASE lol
- Option to lock car from trunk
- Auto lock option available for those who want it (though personally I prob would leave this disabled)
- Re-work the window buttons. While I like the idea of what VW has tried to do, I am constantly accidentally touching the “Rear” button when I don’t mean to. Like CONSTANTLY.
- Wish the dashboard NAV lights also worked when I use Apple Maps in CarPlay. Love the lights but prefer Apple Maps over native NAV.
- MyVW app is ridiculous, my daughter’s Subaru app (for a car costing so much less) is far more robust. The MyVW app is just silly, I can’t even remote lock my car? Lame.
- Dog mode FOR SURE, and ability to accurately monitor the car’s interior temps from the app.
None of these are dealbreakers for me, I still love the car, but most are just so basic that it’s weird that VW overlooked them.