Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive design
Font Automotive mirror Gadget Gas Auto part

I live in a third world country. Yes before scolding me for buying the tech knowing that there is little support at least be considerate and try to offer a solution. Bought VW ID 4 X for less than 5 months brand new it is still under warranty but for a third world country that is useless. there is no tow equivalent and it would take 6 months to diagnose the issue. Any solution (see pictures for reference) I'm really desperate. The car can move (shifting gear but the warning sound and sign is always on).

·
Blue ProS RWD is in my garage! Only took 187 days.
1,240 Posts
No the warning sound and sign stays on. I have not tried unplugging the 12 V but I doubt that’s going to change anything.
I would try detaching the 12v battery for a couple minutes. I came to the VW from a Bolt EV, and we had several errors that required detaching the 12v battery to clear.

·
24 Posts
You might want to look at this thread

·
3,109 Posts
View attachment 17857 View attachment 17858
I live in a third world country. Yes before scolding me for buying the tech knowing that there is little support at least be considerate and try to offer a solution. Bought VW ID 4 X for less than 5 months brand new it is still under warranty but for a third world country that is useless. there is no tow equivalent and it would take 6 months to diagnose the issue. Any solution (see pictures for reference) I'm really desperate. The car can move (shifting gear but the warning sound and sign is always on).
You will need to send vehicle modules scan by ODIS tool or obdeleven....before I can help you out.
If you can post all modules scan report.
Try to test 12V battery under load for state of health.....checking just voltage is not proper way. If you don't know ask someone who is skilled mechanic how to test 12V battery under load for state of health.

·
86 Posts
Is this the message when the coolant level gets too low? Can an older OBD2 tool be used to at least get the code numbers so they can be posted here?

·
3,109 Posts
Is this the message when the coolant level gets too low? Can an older OBD2 tool be used to at least get the code numbers so they can be posted here?
I need minimum
Ross-Tech.com scan
Obdeleven or
Factory ODIS tool scan.
If you are suspicious of coolant errors, check coolant level if it is at the marked level.
Aftermarket party softwares don't report VW specific codes, history of codes and cannot read many modules when doing scans.
I have tested this Aftermarket solutions so far and this mentioned above would be bare bones minimum for doing scans.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts