Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is one thing about the ID4 I dislike The glossy interior door handles that is a magnet for fingerprints and scratches. I found an aftermarket solution at Torque Alliance for 69.95 EUROS (about $80). It is in ABS and you can choose from severeal colors. They also offers an Alcantara-version.

You attach it with doublesided tape and it fits just almost perfect with the doublesided tape. The doublesided tape is thin, but I would have choosed a bit thinner tape to make it fit even better. But it is "good enough" for me. This is how the matte carbon looks in my car.

Hood Automotive design Textile Sleeve Bumper

·
97 Posts
There is one thing about the ID4 I dislike The glossy interior door handles that is a magnet for fingerprints and scratches. I found an aftermarket solution at Torque Alliance for 69.95 EUROS (about $80). It is in ABS and you can choose from severeal colors. They also offers an Alcantara-version.

You attach it with doublesided tape and it fits just almost perfect with the doublesided tape. The doublesided tape is thin, but I would have choosed a bit thinner tape to make it fit even better. But it is "good enough" for me. This is how the matte carbon looks in my car.

View attachment 6385
This looks like a pretty nice fit and definitely solves the problem that many people have highlighted regarding fingerprints on the piano black finish. I was going to attempt to wrap mine in a matte black vinyl film as someone else has done here but it'll be my first attempt at wrapping anything...was the cost for only 1 cover or a set of 2 or 4? $80 for one seems steep while $80 for 4 (front and back) would seem way better!

·
2021 ID.4 Pro, Glacier White
263 Posts
I'm not usually too big on fake carbon fiber accessories, but I LIKE those. Hopefully a USA seller has them soon . . . . I'm really tempted!

Don

·
VW ID.4 Pro, White
8 Posts

View attachment 6385
How about one for the middle console? it's also piano black material and so prone to scratches...

·
Awaiting delivery of a ID.4 GTX
44 Posts
I'd love to hear from someone that has bought this how it feels and more photos up-close, how it looks especially around the buttons.

·
2021 ID.4 Pro, Glacier White
263 Posts
I'm not usually too big on fake carbon fiber accessories, but I LIKE those. Hopefully a USA seller has them soon . . . . I'm really tempted!
Yup - We need a seller on this side of the pond - With shipping, these are $110

Don

1 - 10 of 10 Posts