Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hats of to VW for paying attention to what the end user wants.
Pros
  • Bolt EV is a quiet car until you drive ID4 which is even quieter.
  • Very good handling with limited roll on corners.
  • Amazing DC charging curve.
  • Lights where you need them, trunk, doors..
  • Good seats
  • rear ac vents & two USB ports in rear
  • All safety features standard(lane assist, ....)
  • plenty of cargo space.
  • Tow hitch
  • kick open rear hatch.

Cons
  • no one pedal driving(almost but still have to use brake to come to a complete stop)
  • Pointless capacitive touch button aspecially the volume on the steering wheel.(should have just used regular buttons)
  • don't see the point of three window buttons when 4 buttons worked just fine.
  • wont complain about info system as i just use apple carplay.

Overall it is really good value over anything else out there.

I love my BOLT EVs( > 100K miles) but after 3-4 years GM has not updated it where it matters.
1) Better cargo space so families can use it as their primary car.
2) DC charging curves similar to ID4.

everything else like better trims instead of cheap plastic is very subjective so i will leave those out.

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
957 Posts
Pros
I guess this is the new norm checking out the charging behavior during the test drive, I never thought to do that! Although my first DC charge at an EA station was disappointing, just a fluke I'm sure.

Test driving at night is something I always intend to do but it never works out. You didn't find the lack of light on the center stack annoying? I agree with you about the lights everywhere else, but the unlit volume and temp, sliders and the back lighting of the 4 "hard buttons". under those at dusk / sunrise kind of bites.

·
2021 Chevy Bolt
56 Posts
Pros
  • Good seats
  • plenty of cargo space.
  • Tow hitch
  • kick open rear hatch.

Cons
  • no one pedal driving(almost but still have to use brake to come to a complete stop)
  • Pointless capacitive touch button aspecially the volume on the steering wheel.(should have just used regular buttons)

I love my BOLT EVs( > 100K miles) but after 3-4 years GM has not updated it where it matters.

everything else like better trims instead of cheap plastic is very subjective so i will leave those out.
I can get past the annoying buttons, and the software will get updated over time, but I just wish the ID4 had more zip. The Bolt definitely has zip.
I know the AWD version will be more powerful, but it’s still 7-8 months away.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can get past the annoying buttons, and the software will get updated over time, but I just wish the ID4 had more zip. The Bolt definitely has zip.
I know the AWD version will be more powerful, but it’s still 7-8 months away.
i am waiting for the AWD too as it would be nice to have going to trailheads since the ID4 has enough ground clearance

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No specs out yet for range of AWD but it should not more than 5-10% difference(lower) plus real world testing are showing the FE range to be closer to 280 miles

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Pros
  • Good seats
  • plenty of cargo space.
  • Tow hitch
  • kick open rear hatch.

Cons

The 2022 Bolt EUV seems to be larger inside and out. Lots of nice features including original version of GM's Super Cruise. I had a sky blue Launch Edition reserved as soon as they opened the site. Later that day GM emailed the specs to me. After I saw how small that particular model is I had to cancel. The EUV is a subcompact or at the very least a small compact. I cancelled the order and now have the Pro S Gradient RWD on order.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts