Volkswagen ID Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
ID.4 FE GW
590 Posts
Are there any updates to this? I took delivery of my ID.4 in July but still have not received a software update.
My VW regional case manager sent me an email in September that new software would be provided "by the end of fall 2021." More recently she wrote "we are hoping for an update to be available end of the year or early next year."

I think there is some chance that our cars will be updated by some time in 2023, but I am an optimist.

·
78 Posts
The Chevy Bolt (battery and electronics by LG) promised OTA updates from day 1. Never happened. The cost associated with several visits for updates must have been incredible. Could have hired an army of software developers in Taiwan to figure it out for LG.

·
89 Posts
My VW regional case manager sent me an email in September that new software would be provided "by the end of fall 2021." More recently she wrote "we are hoping for an update to be available end of the year or early next year."

I think there is some chance that our cars will be updated by some time in 2023, but I am an optimist.
Right? I was gonna say what happened to regular updates multiple times a year VW had promised....... It's entirely unacceptable plug and play is still not enabled.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
115 Posts
'entirely unacceptable' lol

What are people expecting from a software update? Everytime I get one from my phone or laptop I find it annoying as it causes an inconvenience and rarely gives me something useful or exciting as part of the upgrade.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts