Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of the 1.5 million electric vehicles that VW plans to sell per year, 500,000 of them will be ID.4's.

"Volkswagen wants to become the world market leader in e-mobility — but that won’t happen by itself. The Volkswagen brand is therefore investing around 11 billion euros by 2024. As a compact SUV, the ID.4 has, in our view, the best prerequisites for being successful in a large scale in all important markets. We therefore expect the Volkswagen brand to produce a total of 1.5 million e-cars per year by 2025. And the ID.4 is likely to account for around a third of this. The ID.4 will thus become the driving force behind our reorientation a hundred thousand times over."

·
80 Posts
If they really want to sell that many I wonder if the dealers will feel pressure from VW and be open to price negotiation or dealership/manufacturer incentives.

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they really want to sell that many I wonder if the dealers will feel pressure from VW and be open to price negotiation or dealership/manufacturer incentives.
That's if these aren't good enough to sell themselves.
Tough to say which way it will go but strong global Tesla Model Y sales sure make that 500k goal seem doable.

·
80 Posts
That's if these aren't good enough to sell themselves.
Tough to say which way it will go but strong global Tesla Model Y sales sure make that 500k goal seem doable.
It's hard for me to judge the interest. I only know one other person who likes electric cars. Everyone else I know is just not interested.

·
94 Posts
It's hard for me to judge the interest. I only know one other person who likes electric cars. Everyone else I know is just not interested.
Yeah, outside of ID groups and forums I don't know one other person interested in it. If I post anything about it on social media, it gets no reactions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts