Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea why "olfactory" (sense of smell) is included? Do VWs have olfactory sensors (noses)?

Privacy Statement - 2. What Information Do We Collect? - "2 - 06" Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information, such as call recording for emergency and customer service and voice command data (including any personal data included therein).

·
108 Posts
Anyone have any idea why "olfactory" (sense of smell) is included? Do VWs have olfactory sensors (noses)?
That's funny. Maybe they are talking about the A/C "Climatronic" system that is suppose to block outside air when it detects pollutants. I specifically remember reading somewhere that the system won't block out foul smells, but maybe that's still the system that reports "olfactory" data to VW.

·
108 Posts
I couldn't find the original article on the ID.4 that I remembered but here is an older article for other VW cars that explains the Climatronic system better. This article does say it will prevent some bad odors.

·
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's pretty cool, one or both of my recent vehicles let a lot of windshield washer smell into the cabin. I try to remember to go cabin recirculate before washing the windows, but often forget.

"In addition, an air quality sensor registers excessive levels of certain pollutants in the outdoor air and switches to recirculation mode if necessary, preventing the vehicle’s own exhaust gas or the smell of the washer fluid from entering the car."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts