Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received notice from VW today an email outlining next steps to complete my First Edition order. Most likely we are getting real close to the “step 2” $400 deposit Lock in.

·
190 Posts
Are they asking you to make a final decision on the configuration? Did they give you a deadline for when you have to have it done?

·
67 Posts
I received mine today as well. Nothing else to do at this time other than wait to be contacted by VW for step 2. Here is the information.
As your vehicle makes its way to you, we will send regular updates, giving you front row access to your ID.4’s journey. Let’s get you familiar with the process:

Complete!
checkmark
Step 1 – Reservation confirmed: Congratulations, you’ve reserved your place in line!

Step 2 – Place your order: To lock in your order and begin production, you must pay an additional fully refundable Vehicle Deposit of $400. We will notify you via email when this step is required and you will have 14 days from our first notification to pay your additional Vehicle Deposit and lock your order. If you have not paid your Vehicle Deposit within 14 days of our first notification, you will lose your spot in the reservation queue.*

Step 3 – Order locked: You’ve done your part. Now, it’s time for us to do ours. Our factory will start production.

Step 4 – Leaving the factory: Your ID.4 is ready to start its voyage across the Atlantic. We’ll let you know when it arrives in the US.

Step 5 – Arriving in the US: You’re closer than ever! We’ll notify you know when your vehicle has arrived at your dealer.

Step 6 – Prepare for purchase/lease: Now is the time to consider your options. Our Payment Estimator will allow you to estimate your monthly payments. You can also submit an Online Finance Application to get pre-approved by Volkswagen Credit or submit a credit application at your dealership when you pick-up your ID.4.**

Step 7 – Arriving at dealer: The wait is over! Your preferred dealer will reach out when it's time to finalize your purchase or lease and pick up your ID.4.

·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I received mine today as well. Nothing else to do at this time other than wait to be contacted by VW for step 2. Here is the information.
As your vehicle makes its way to you, we will send regular updates, giving you front row access to your ID.4’s journey. Let’s get you familiar with the process:

Complete!
checkmark
Step 1 – Reservation confirmed: Congratulations, you’ve reserved your place in line!

Step 2 – Place your order: To lock in your order and begin production, you must pay an additional fully refundable Vehicle Deposit of $400. We will notify you via email when this step is required and you will have 14 days from our first notification to pay your additional Vehicle Deposit and lock your order. If you have not paid your Vehicle Deposit within 14 days of our first notification, you will lose your spot in the reservation queue.*

Step 3 – Order locked: You’ve done your part. Now, it’s time for us to do ours. Our factory will start production.

Step 4 – Leaving the factory: Your ID.4 is ready to start its voyage across the Atlantic. We’ll let you know when it arrives in the US.

Step 5 – Arriving in the US: You’re closer than ever! We’ll notify you know when your vehicle has arrived at your dealer.

Step 6 – Prepare for purchase/lease: Now is the time to consider your options. Our Payment Estimator will allow you to estimate your monthly payments. You can also submit an Online Finance Application to get pre-approved by Volkswagen Credit or submit a credit application at your dealership when you pick-up your ID.4.**

Step 7 – Arriving at dealer: The wait is over! Your preferred dealer will reach out when it's time to finalize your purchase or lease and pick up your ID.4.
[/QUOTE

Complete!
checkmark

Just curious...Where are you located and do you recall time to got your reservation in? Wonder if there is any “place in line” based on location and order when we made our reservation?

·
17 Posts
Just found mine in my junk mail! I also have a first edition but I am in FLORIDA...not a ZEV State. I ordered early afternoon on the first day.

·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just found mine in my junk mail! I also have a first edition but I am in FLORIDA...not a ZEV State. I ordered early afternoon on the first day.
Thanks. I am in Nokomis, Fl. Ordered late morning on first day. Will be interesting to see how the que works out.

·
ID4:1E - Blue Dusk Metallic
199 Posts
I got mine as well about 100 minutes ago. Same info. Notice that you have "2 weeks" to reply & lock in your order with the $400, elsewise you lose your spot in the order of original $100 deposits. Then a 2nd 2 weeks to get back in the que at the end. If you do nothing, they will transfer your $100 back to you & the deal is over.

·
254 Posts
I received my email at 3:28pm EST today.

Still waiting for that $400 email.

·
1 Posts
...so what happens when you get to step 6 or 7 and your VW dealer marks up the vehicle by $2000. Can you still back out and ghet the refund?

[/QUOTE]

·
112 Posts
I’ll either be contacting VW to switch my dealer or canceling my reservation. My dealer is going to make plenty off me in negative equity (~3,000) on my trade that they don’t need a markup.

·
248 Posts
...so what happens when you get to step 6 or 7 and your VW dealer marks up the vehicle by $2000. Can you still back out and ghet the refund?

[/QUOTE]
You don’t even have to accept the car once it arrives and will get a full refund. They can’t keep your money because unlike Tesla, their $100 deposit says everywhere it’s non refundable.
I spoke to a customer care rep. They said you are locked in but you don’t have to purchase the car.

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
635 Posts
You don’t even have to accept the car once it arrives and will get a full refund. They can’t keep your money because unlike Tesla, their $100 deposit says everywhere it’s non refundable.
I spoke to a customer care rep. They said you are locked in but you don’t have to purchase the car.
Where do you see the deposit in non-refundable? On the reservation page, it states twice it is refundable (didn't read any of the fine print though).

1 - 20 of 56 Posts