Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question may have been answered in another thread on this site, but there are so many I haven't been able to find it. So here goes: has anyone's tracker on the VW ID4 website proceeded past "Order Locked" and gotten to the "Leaving the Factory" or "Arriving in the US"? If not--and if it happens to you in the future--please post something on this thread so that it might give the rest of us some hope. Thanks!

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
498 Posts
Mine has not yet updated. And I have an "in port" First Edition with a VIN number assigned.

There was a comment last week, by way of a forum member from VW, that we would be hearing things this week. Hopefully, this means we hit the "prepare for purchase" step and get finance/lease terms announced.

·
24 Posts
Regarding Tracking (from a UK prospective) ... I've been told that the Tracker only gives a "guide", and the advice I was told was to call VW UK, they pretty much confirmed the same, and said there can be a "lag" in it's accuracy.

Ordered ID.4 FE - End of Jan 2021, Build Week 5 confirmed, Advised should be with me late March. It's remained in "Build" status all Feb, VW UK (phone call) advised me, currently due/awaiting software update, so will still be late March.

It might help / be curious to check out which vehicle transporter ship your car may be on (if it's going to travel from production off-shore) ... MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

Vast majority of vehicle carriers are called "Highway" - do a search (top right) for "Highway" and try and guess which ship carries which brands of car. VW/Audi (and some other brands) use the German port of "Emden". I understand my car travelling to the UK, will be going into Sheerness or Grimsby (hopefully Sheerness, as that is alot closer to my dealer!), likely to use a ship like the EMS Highway, or MALACCA.

·
107 Posts
Yeah, we already have another thread where we yak about logistics, ships and where they are going

1 - 4 of 4 Posts