Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, a real phone call from VWOA about my ID.4 reservation.

What I learned from the Customer Service Representative.

-Those with reservations already in place for the 1st Edition should receive the email for the next step within the next 2 weeks.

-VW is gunning for delivery of the 1st Edition in week 52 of the year, December 17-24th!

I wish I had more and no, I am not sure if they are going to be calling everyone. I changed my reservation so it was more to confirm what I really wanted, the 1st edition or the Pro.

Anthony

·
20 Posts
Good deal! Thanks for sharing. It will certainly be a Merry Christmas for some owners. Maybe the cars will come with one of those large red bows you see on on the holiday car commercials.:D

·
102 Posts
That awesome! Would be nice if we can close before end of the year. Then we can get our 10k incentives by spring rather than wait a year more. Car plus rebate sounds great.....

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That awesome! Would be nice if we can close before end of the year. Then we can get our 10k incentives by spring rather than wait a year more. Car plus rebate sounds great.....
So true, with the sale of a house this year, I can definitely use all of that $7500 tax credit. Unfortunately, I don't live in a state (NC) with EV credits for an even larger advantage. We do get to pay an extra $130 EV road use fee when we renew registration each year. They are trying to bump this up to $275 by 2022 but thankfully, that fell through....For now! All these credits will be gone eventually so jump on them while you can.

·
ID.4 1st Black (hope to score blue)
28 Posts
Such excellent news! I was hoping for a large Christmas present, now it looks like we will get one. :)

·
7 Posts
Earlier I had missed out on getting the 1st edition and ended up reserving a PRO(was kicking myself for spending additional ~2k for a very similar configuration). Post booking had a quick word with the VW customer care and left a note to switch my reservation from PRO to 1st edition, was not very hopeful as it was sold out. Today got a call from VW confirming the switch, either they are really walking the extra mile in making the customer happy or probably there have been some cancellations. I probably dont care about the reason as it felt like a secret santa gift. Yaaaaahoooo!

·
28 Posts
Today got a call from VW confirming the switch, either they are really walking the extra mile in making the customer happy or probably there have been some cancellations. I probably dont care about the reason as it felt like a secret santa gift. Yaaaaahoooo!
Which color did you get @perpetual_range ? I am hoping to get a similar call allowing me to switch from black to blue.

·
28 Posts
Just talk to my dealer rep. No news on their end yet, but established rapport, reaffirmed my color preference, and confirmed that there is no dealer fee.

·
11 Posts
Earlier I had missed out on getting the 1st edition and ended up reserving a PRO(was kicking myself for spending additional ~2k for a very similar configuration). Post booking had a quick word with the VW customer care and left a note to switch my reservation from PRO to 1st edition, was not very hopeful as it was sold out. Today got a call from VW confirming the switch, either they are really walking the extra mile in making the customer happy or probably there have been some cancellations. I probably dont care about the reason as it felt like a secret santa gift. Yaaaaahoooo!
How do you get ahold of VW customer care? I wouldn’t mind switching my reservation to a 1st also...

·
15 Posts
getting it this year would be really awesome. My company has an EV incentive that is rumored to expire end of this year. Its close to 4.5k

·
28 Posts
VW Customer Care: 800-822-8987 8A-9P, est. Monday - Friday.
They were most helpful, in that I was having issues, signing into the portal.
I can second that. On opening day I called about color (blue was gone), and received excellent help to get my payment processed - form auto fill made the payment form barf on submission. The guy I spoke to, Roger, was extremely friendly, patient and helpful.

·
11 Posts
I called VW Customer Care this morning and they said they aren’t upgrading anyone from Pro to 1st Edition, unfortunately. Bummed! Now I have to wait longer and spend more money. Wish I’d jumped on it faster!

·
33 Posts
I spoke with my contact at my local dealership to learn that they had a couple dozen orders for their location alone on the 1st day & since then an additional half dozen have added to that list. Whereas another dealer I spoke with in my area had only 4 reservations. Still, in the discussions with my contact, they are only releasing information that they are anticipating a demo unit to their dealership & plan to contact all their reservations to come see it upon its arrival for a ride by EoY. As for deliveries, they are told that the models will be release IN ORDER OF RESERVATION TAKEN. I was told to be ready to take delivery by 1st Q of 2021. Of note: they cannot see specifically what the sub-model is on the reservation list at this time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts