Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm changing my waitlist from an AWD to RWD. Does anyone have any experience with this. Especially in terms of whether delivery times change.

Original rsvn was made in April. It still was at Step 1, meaning just the $100 down with configuration not "locked in."

For instance, anyone with experience in timelines for the RWD from "locked in" until delivery?

Many thanks in advance.

·
VW ID.4 Pro Glacier White Metallic
46 Posts
Might be easier to search one off the lot or contact multiple dealers in your area to see if they're willing to sell it to you at MSRP if they have ones that people cancelled or dealer stock, etc. unless you want a specific configuration/color combo.

·
141 Posts
Might be easier to search one off the lot or contact multiple dealers in your area to see if they're willing to sell it to you at MSRP if they have ones that people cancelled or dealer stock, etc. unless you want a specific configuration/color combo.
I second that. The day I bought mine last month, I had just finished a Mach-E test drive and drove over to the VW dealership to show my wife the color that I wanted if it happened to be there. I had already spent the previous weekend in my friend's ID.4 joining him on a road trip, so I felt confident about the ride & driving experience. I knew what color and trim I wanted, and my NC dealer happened to have the exact ID.4 I wanted in inventory. My salesman said that the very first time he drove an EV was driving my car from the back to the front of the lot. I paid MSRP, although I did let the dealer get away with was their $500 FPF paint & fabric thing. The car was still in transport mode, so it was the next business day when I drove away with it.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Appreciate that there may be vehicles available on dealer's lot.

I'm not in that much of a rush. I really was just wondering if those who have been through the process had an assessment of "locked in" to delivery times.

Thanks again in advance.

(And Mochalatte, ... your car is, I think, exactly what I've ordered. Looks great.)

·
46 Posts
Last I saw on some post (FB, Reddit, forum) for new orders might be November or December for RWD models - AWD models are getting pushed back.

·
166 Posts
Here is my experience. I reserved the car 4/30 and picked it up from the dealer on 7/14, so right at 2 1/2 months. Up until the car arrived at the dealer, the VW reservation web site showed an August/September expected delivery.

·
26 Posts
Last I saw on some post (FB, Reddit, forum) for new orders might be November or December for RWD models - AWD models are getting pushed back.
This would be and ideal time. Car prices will have cooled in the next few months and the dealership might be willing to negotiation a little at the end of the year.

·
42 Posts
Here is my experience. I reserved the car 4/30 and picked it up from the dealer on 7/14, so right at 2 1/2 months. Up until the car arrived at the dealer, the VW reservation web site showed an August/September expected delivery.
Did you get any other updates to the wheel of torture along the way, or was it just in the "Locked" step until it showed up?
(just wondering as we are a mid May reservation in Lock state with Aug/Sept delivery... and wondering if it will suddenly appear :) )

·
46 Posts
This would be and ideal time. Car prices will have cooled in the next few months and the dealership might be willing to negotiation a little at the end of the year.
Good time really depends on your location though and it's hard to say how long the chip shortage is affecting sales of new models; most are still facing the chip shortage. As for location, if you have any state or local incentive that's expiring soon or have a limit, I would jump on the bandwagon asap.

·
166 Posts
Did you get any other updates to the wheel of torture along the way, or was it just in the "Locked" step until it showed up?
(just wondering as we are a mid May reservation in Lock state with Aug/Sept delivery... and wondering if it will suddenly appear :) )
The VW reservation web site updated regularly for me. I don't have the exact dates in front of me, but I went from my $100 initial down payment on 4/30 to locked about one week later -- the site updated very quickly when I paid the additional $400. It then showed it left the factory in early June and arrived at the Houston port the end of June. It was then about 10 days from Houston to St. Louis on Friday 7/9 and I picked it up on Wednesday 7/14. As noted, the website "wheel of torture" updated within a day or two for each step.

·
5 Posts
Initial order placed on 5/27 for RWD Pro S Gradient, then one week later got the message to confirm and pay the remaining $400 which I did. Wheel updated to 'locked' status within a day. No updates since then. It's currently 8 weeks since I first placed my order. Estimated delivery time is still September/October. Hopefully a bit sooner.

·
Super Moderator
478 Posts
I'm changing my waitlist from an AWD to RWD. Does anyone have any experience with this. Especially in terms of whether delivery times change.

Original rsvn was made in April. It still was at Step 1, meaning just the $100 down with configuration not "locked in."

For instance, anyone with experience in timelines for the RWD from "locked in" until delivery?

Many thanks in advance.
I'm sure you will be able to find one now if you search. There are plenty out there.

·
5 Posts
In my area (SoCal) there are quite a few all of a sudden, lots of Pro S in white, black, grey and blue. However - none with gradient packages and none in red of any kind. Seems like the devil's in the details. I went to my dealer to check out a blue Pro S in case I want to jump on one sooner (I ordered a Pro S Gradient) but for now I'd still want to wait as I do like the look of the gradient better.

·
ID.4 Pro S Blue
7 Posts
Initial order placed on 5/27 for RWD Pro S Gradient, then one week later got the message to confirm and pay the remaining $400 which I did. Wheel updated to 'locked' status within a day. No updates since then. It's currently 8 weeks since I first placed my order. Estimated delivery time is still September/October. Hopefully a bit sooner.
I ordered my RWD Pro S Gradient on 5/20, locked on 5/27, and the delivery says August/September. No update since 5/27.

·
4 Posts
Just got my lock it down email for the awd (reserved jul 11, so 12 day from res to lock). It says 3 to 4 months from lock for rwd, 6 to 8 months for awd, which lines up with the march 2022 estimate from when I reserved.

·
7 Posts
Agreed for RWD preference, at least around here. I didn’t order at all and had no problem getting a FE in central PA. 5 dealers within an hour have them. I jumped now as the trade value was incredible for my old Subie and was worried they might cool off later this year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts