Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2018 VW Golf GTI Autobahn w/DSG
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all! I discovered this brand when I was active on the Prius forums eons ago. I've been using them ever since. To me, they seemingly did a better job of heat rejection in the hot Houston area than my old covercraft sunshade, and it is definitely better than the flimsy thin fabric ones from the department stores. They're all custom fit too for various cars, and have space for the front sensors near the rear view mirror.

I am not sponsored by them or anything, I've just really liked how well their heat shields have worked in every car I've used them in.

Here is their website: Windshield Sun Shades, Car Window Shades and Car Window Covers by HeatShield: The Original Windshield Sun Shade

Here is the ones for the ID.4: 2021 Volkswagen ID.4 SUV Windshield Sun Shades, Car Window Shades and Car Window Covers by HeatShield - The Original Windshield Sunshade

Here is what it looks like on my GTI:

·
1st Edition
156 Posts
I’ve had two of them on cars, they work well and fit perfectly

·
36 Posts
I've used these on my cars for years and they are great. I've fgot one for my MK7 R but I ended up with a hard backed OEM shade for my Subaru Forester and it's a POS. Very unruly to fold/unfold and man, does it get hot here in AZ. These are easy roll/unroll and seem to reflect hear better.

·
21 Posts
Hey y'all! I discovered this brand when I was active on the Prius forums eons ago. I've been using them ever since. To me, they seemingly did a better job of heat rejection in the hot Houston area than my old covercraft sunshade, and it is definitely better than the flimsy thin fabric ones from the department stores. They're all custom fit too for various cars, and have space for the front sensors near the rear view mirror.

I am not sponsored by them or anything, I've just really liked how well their heat shields have worked in every car I've used them in.

Here is their website: Windshield Sun Shades, Car Window Shades and Car Window Covers by HeatShield: The Original Windshield Sun Shade

Here is the ones for the ID.4: 2021 Volkswagen ID.4 SUV Windshield Sun Shades, Car Window Shades and Car Window Covers by HeatShield - The Original Windshield Sunshade

Here is what it looks like on my GTI:

View attachment 3408
My Dealer parts department has them in stock and no shipping charge

·
20 Posts
I ordered the side window shades, both front and rear. Unfortunately they are too large,. I am working with Sunshades to get them altered. They say that their pattern is very new. The front one is a bit big but I can make it work.

·
20 Posts
I ordered the side window shades, both front and rear. Unfortunately they are too large,. I am working with Sunshades to get them altered. They say that their pattern is very new. The front one is a bit big but I can make it work.
I am no longer going to return the shades for alteration. I have someone to do the work locally.

·
1st Edition
156 Posts

I came here to say the same thing, the side shades are too large and don’t fit. I’ll return them. The windshield shade fits perfectly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts