Volkswagen ID Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
4 Posts
I had this 3 weeks ago. Dealer said the cooling pump for the batteries needs replaced. Took 15 days to get the part and my car back.

·
27 Posts
Has it been all good ever since they replaced it? Apparently my pump is arriving at the dealer on 9/1.

I had this 3 weeks ago. Dealer said the cooling pump for the batteries needs replaced. Took 15 days to get the part and my car back.

·
2 Posts
My ID.4 is officially in VW hands after this warning at 350 miles.

Battery coolant system. The flush didn’t work, so they said it wasn’t safe to drive.

They provided a rental with no ETA. Happy they took it in immediately and ran diagnostics without having to schedule a service.

·
4 Posts
Has it been all good ever since they replaced it? Apparently my pump is arriving at the dealer on 9/1.
I just got it back this past Tuesday evening. So far so good. Only about 150 miles since then. Had 2700 miles when it went in to the dealer.

·
1 Posts
I'm 99% I'm purchasing a ID.4 this week. This problem has me really worried. How common is this error?

·
4 Posts
I'm 99% I'm purchasing a ID.4 this week. This problem has me really worried. How common is this error?
I'm happy with the car, not my dealership. Looking forward to the software update that the Euro cars received as demonstrated on youtube.

·
2 Posts
I came from a BMW 650i convertible - and I absolutely love driving this car. It's a new car with new tech. The error will get fixed, my dealer has been good (so far). I'd recommend the buy.

·
20 Posts
Wonder what the actual numbers are on the faulty coolant pump. Seems like it has been more common with american id4's? I hope they figure it out soon.

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Update #2. VW customer service called me this afternoon (because I did open up a case earlier this week) to let me know that 2 pumps are needed to be replaced. One pump will be at the dealership on September 11 and the other one around September 15. Fingers crossed!

·
9 Posts
I wanted to add my experience to this thread. I got the error message at about the 2000 mile mark. The car was still driving fine and no other electrical issues. I took the car to the dealer and they bled out the coolant lines. Attached is a copy of the relevant part of the service report if you're interested. The service desk guy tried to tell me that there was a mistake in how the coolant levels were setup but it won't happen again.

I think an issue with service delays on the ID4 is that there are only certain techs who know the car so you have to wait for one of them to check it out. I drove into the downtown Los Angeles service center and they were able to take the car overnight and return it 24 hours later. I called the Santa Monica dealer service center first but they said I wouldn't be able to get an appointment until the next week because they only have one tech who works on the ID4.

Attachments

·
40 Posts
Lemon laws vary so much that it's critical to know the state. The fact they provided a loaner car would probably reduce any lease reimbursement they offer. I'm not a lawyer.
Lemon law varies by state. Most lemon laws have a trigger ofa number of failed attempts for same problem and/or out of service 30 days regardless of if the problems are related or not. Here is GA them giving you a loaner or rental has no impact on the buy back price. There is a formula that calculates a fair use deduction based on mileage. Also look at what counts as days out of service. Here in GA the day you drop offthrough the day you pick it up counts as do weekends or holidays if car was in dealership even though they were closed. I know because my 4 month old XC40 Recharge with 2000 miles has been in the shop a total of 32 days over 4 different visits since July, for brakes and infotainment issues. My decision now is do I keep dealing with problems as much as I love the car or cut my losses and and make them buy it back. One thing to conciser is, with chip/car shortages, what do I get? Audi Q4 with a long wait?

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Forgot to update this thread too Dealer called me on 9/14 and told me the pumps arrived in the morning and they have already replaced them, flushed and bled the coolant and did a road test. I picked my car same day. No problems so far.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts