Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found the subject that fits into the recess in the rear hatch? They seem to be unavailable or superceded with another type. I have no use for the VW full emergency pack and again would prefer to use the hatch recess. Thanks!

ID.4 Pro S Dusk Blue w/Black
Has anyone found the subject that fits into the recess in the rear hatch? They seem to be unavailable or superceded with another type. I have no use for the VW full emergency pack and again would prefer to use the hatch recess. Thanks!
My salesman speculated it was for the warning triangle required in Europe. I was like oh cool, I have some of those from when we lived in Germany. None fit, so if it is for a warning triangle it must be one made specifically for VW. I have not found anything that fits there, securely.

Reactions: Huey52

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that's the issue. You don't get much in the EV emergency pack for $83 but I just might. The soft side case is better than the charge cable bag that comes with the vehicle as well.

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 10.55.09 AM.png

My ID.4 came with the EV emergency kit and the included warning triangle does not fit in the hatch slot. That's been the case for other Volkswagens I've owned. The European warning triangles are a completely different design.

It seems that someone would sell such a kit, but I haven't found it. Any triangle kit to fit ID.4 trunk slot would need to have case dimensions of approximately 430 mm x 46 mm x 28 mm. Even the ebay sold Tiguan compatible kits all appear to have width that exceeds 46 mm.

ID.4 Pro S RWD
It seems that someone would sell such a kit, but I haven't found it. Any triangle kit to fit ID.4 trunk slot would need to have case dimensions of approximately 430 mm x 46 mm x 28 mm. Even the ebay sold Tiguan compatible kits all appear to have width that exceeds 46 mm.
I just measured the VW OEM triangle I have in my Golf. It's 428 mm x 46 mm x 30 mm. It has both VW and Audi part numbers and appears to be manufactured by GEBRA. As mentioned previously, the VW and Audi versions seem to be out of stock everywhere, but the GEBRA/TRImicro version is available here on a German online store.

Irish ID.4 owner here, and we didn't get any warning triangle in our car. Nor did any of the other ID.4 owners i've talked to in Ireland.

Must be in the money savings bin with the false boot floor and LEDs for the climate/volume buttons.

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks very much. Alas they have a mandated order site pulldown of Germany/Austria/Switzerland delivery locales so likely that's it. The more I think about it the VW EV emergency kit with its nicer bag for also stowing the charge cable is becoming more appealing.

Although: 2015 Volkswagen Passat Warning Triangle 1Y0-093-055 Nah, unsecure website!

I just measured the VW OEM triangle I have in my Golf. It's 428 mm x 46 mm x 30 mm. It has both VW and Audi part numbers and appears to be manufactured by GEBRA. As mentioned previously, the VW and Audi versions seem to be out of stock everywhere, but the GEBRA/TRImicro version is available here on a German online store.

View attachment 3215 View attachment 3216

Nah, unsecure website!
They must not understand how security works, since the volkswagenpartspeople seem to think they are golden. :) To quote them:

Genuine Volkswagen Accessories and Volkswagen Parts​
Our 2015 Volkswagen Passat Warning Triangle 1Y0-093-055 ships directly from an authorized Volkswagen dealer. Since 2000 we have offered secure online ordering and fast affordable shipping. All our genuine Volkswagen parts and Volkswagen accessories are backed by Volkswagen's warranty, which is covered by any Volkswagen dealer in the US. Exactly like your local dealer only lower prices and shipped directly to your door. If you have questions about Volkswagen accessories or Volkswagen performance parts or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our friendly Volkswagen parts and accessories experts online.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Likely, they don't have stock anyway since their site doesn't appear to manage inventory. You can punch in any order quantity and it will try to sell it to you.

ID.4 Pro S RWD
Thanks very much. Alas they have a mandated order site pulldown of Germany/Austria/Switzerland delivery locales so likely that's it.
Too bad. I did manage to find a few on eBay using the Audi part number (8K0860251).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts