Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
On order ID4 Pro AWD
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the ID4 is to be the future for VW, they need to think outside the box and offer more colour choices. These are my recommendations. Feel free to add yours.

• British Racing Green.
  • Deep Metallic Purple.
  • Canary Yellow (I don’t love the dull mustard yellow offered in Europe - Audi offered the S3 in Python Yellow last year, it was killer!)

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S Red
185 Posts
I’d settle for the green they use to paint the Taycan. I mean, it’s the same automotive group. Just go next door to the Porsche factory and ask for a can of paint.

·
2021 ID.4 Pro, Glacier White
387 Posts
If the profit margin on a particular model is high, they can offer all sorts of things that just aren't possible when the profit margin is lower. Trying to keep the base model ID.4 at $39,995 it's probably not possible to offer more than just a few colors

GM solved this problem on my Volt by offering some special colors for an extra $1K. My Iridescent Pearl Tricoat White was such an option . . . . and worth it to me, but then I bought it used and didn't have to pay the extra like the original purchaser did

I expect when VW does start offering more colors, many of them will be extra cost options, or else the price of everyone's car will probably have to go up. If a special color is more important to you than shaving $1K off the purchase price, I expect they'll eventually accommodate you

·
133 Posts
British Racing Green so dark it is almost black. But really anything other than white, gray, gray, gray, black. Seriously, back in the good old days VWs came in all sorts of fun colors. I had an orange Dasher, for example. Colors now are boring.

·
543 Posts
I would agree that there must be no joy in Germany. I complained when I bought my TDI Sportwagen back in 2012 to the salesman “white black, 3 shades of Gray, poop brown, a rare red one, an even more rare blue one”. Do we really need 2 shades of Gray?
My local dealership has received and sold: 4 white, one moonstone, and had a black demo.

·
30 Posts
Mazda has this fantastic metallic red color that I've seen recently, the car almost appears anodized. "Soul Red Crystal" is it's proper name, and it's stunning in person. I'd pay for a VW equivalent in a heartbeat.

·
387 Posts
My local dealership has received and sold: 4 white, one moonstone, and had a black demo.
They sold a red one too - They texted me when it came in that I could come take it for a test drive, but when I got there they told me it was sold. I did get to sit in it though . . . . :ROFLMAO:

·
387 Posts
I have never bought a car with so few color options. Pathetic. Blue wasn't even an option on my model.
I have. When we bought our first Mitsubishi iMiEV new in 2012, we had a choice of white, black, silver and an odd purple/burgundy color they called Metallic Raspberry I think

My last 4 or 5 car color choices have all been . . . . white. 2 Mitsubishi's, a 2014 Ford Transit Connect, a 2017 Chevy Volt Premier and now a 2021 VW ID.4 - Luckily, all of them have been a more interesting white than just plain old white

1 - 20 of 20 Posts