Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I miss- my overhead glasses cubby, the storage drawers under my front seats, silence when searching for a parking space in my Jetta hybrid, tiny donut spare although I never had to use it in eight yrs (hope I haven't jinxed myself), ... add yours.
Somebody else can start "Things that I like that my previous car didn't have". Like seat massage馃憤.

Real leather on my heated seats and steering wheel. Full size spare. Tire pressure monitor that shows each tire pressure. My car sent me an email alert about low tire pressure while my wife was out driving, which I got and called her before she realized she had a flat due to hitting a sharp rock (she ignores big red flashing alert about it on the dash, and the beeping sound! while still driving winding canyon roads at 45) Adjustable height air suspension, press a button for 3" up and 1" down from stock. I read the new Audi Q4 Etron will offer these, for a big price!

Reactions: BlueDH

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
Good question.

Overhead glasses cubby from two cars ago - really thought the ID.4 would have same. But will use same door pocket with open case workaround as prior vehicle.

Dedicated buttons for seat and steering wheel heating. The seat heating is not too bad to adjust on-screen but the steering wheel requires another screen penetration. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔 I like to keep my eyes on the road almost constantly (super defensive driver given so many distracted others out there!) so perhaps this is something that will be amended in future firmware updates.

One thing I surprisingly don't miss is the Compass heading of the Homelink-equipped rearview mirror. Since I always drive with the Nav screen active the compass rose is right there in the top-left quarter of the screen and may be set either absolute-north or terrain-following. Since the stock mirror is auto-dimming I'll now not upgrade to the Homelink.(y)

That's it. I'm really enjoying the ID.4 !! 馃榿

Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
I miss- my overhead glasses cubby, the storage drawers under my front seats, silence when searching for a parking space in my Jetta hybrid, tiny donut spare although I never had to use it in eight yrs (hope I haven't jinxed myself), ... add yours.
Somebody else can start "Things that I like that my previous car didn't have". Like seat massage馃憤.
The Kona had ventilated seats. That was nice in hot weather.

Blue ID.4 1st Edition
The Leaf has an overhead bin for my sunglasses, and physical buttons for the climate control and ProPilot (driving assist). I will miss both of those features quite a bit!

The Leaf has an overhead bin for my sunglasses, and physical buttons for the climate control and ProPilot (driving assist). I will miss both of those features quite a bit!
There is a physical slider for climate, that I think you can tap like a button too. The steering wheel has lots of buttons for the ACC and driving assist, but I have not run the Leaf buttons to compare.

The Kona had ventilated seats. That was nice in hot weather.
I had a Kia Soul EV with ventilated seats and never found it to work well. Leaning back in the seat I felt like it didn鈥檛 do anything, that leaning back blocked the airflow. If I sat with my back not touching the seat if felt nice but not comfortable to drive like that for extended period.

When they took the sunglass holder away from me on the Tiguan from above the mirror, I used the compartment to the left of the steering wheel. Now they've taken that too. I ordered a visor mount sunglass holder. That's the thing for me, I guess, is center console storage, a place on the center of the dash to reasonably set things. Minor annoyances that I'll get used too soon enough, I'm sure. Still figuring out public charging, home charging, and waiting for my 40A install so I can go L2 at home, but overall, it's been a very pleasant experience. Due to a snafu with the title of my '18 Tiguan I still have it. I used it for an errand yesterday and I have to say, it's hard to go back to gas, lag, shifting, etc. The sound is much nicer in the Tig though. I'm sure there'll be some upgrade kits for the ID.4 Audio soon enough though, right?

ID.4 FE Blue
Good question.

Overhead glasses cubby from two cars ago - really thought the ID.4 would have same. But will use same door pocket with open case workaround as prior vehicle.

Dedicated buttons for seat and steering wheel heating. The seat heating is not too bad to adjust on-screen but the steering wheel requires another screen penetration. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔 I like to keep my eyes on the road almost constantly (super defensive driver given so many distracted others out there!) so perhaps this is something that will be amended in future firmware updates.

One thing I surprisingly don't miss is the Compass heading of the Homelink-equipped rearview mirror. Since I always drive with the Nav screen active the compass rose is right there in the top-left quarter of the screen and may be set either absolute-north or terrain-following. Since the stock mirror is auto-dimming I'll now not upgrade to the Homelink.(y)

That's it. I'm really enjoying the ID.4 !! 馃榿
I just read in the manual that a two-finger touch on the heating panel underneath the screen will switch on/off the seat heating. 馃榾

Homelink mirror
If you do not already have a wifi garage door opener, there is a neat device you can purchase for about $30 that mounts in your garage and communicates with an app on your phone. Not only can you open and close the door but you can monitor the door from anywhere.

Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you do not already have a wifi garage door opener, there is a neat device you can purchase for about $30 that mounts in your garage and communicates with an app on your phone. Not only can you open and close the door but you can monitor the door from anywhere.
My Chamberlain door opener came with this feature. Homelink and Internet. I can check the status of the door from across NA (the world?) and receive opening and closing notifications and can open or close the door from essentially anywhere.
Not bad for a $250 garage door opener.
I highly recommend the $30 addition to your existing garage door opener.
My Ring door bell camera notifies me and others of anything approaching the front of my house. Gets annoying when a fox, coyote, deer or rabbit sets it off at 3:35am. I've had a spider walking over the lens trigger it 馃槀.

Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
My Ring door bell camera notifies me and others of anything approaching the front of my house. Gets annoying when a fox, coyote, deer or rabbit sets it off at 3:35am. I've had a spider walking over the lens trigger it 馃槀.
We only gets the alert when the guy comes to cut the grass. :unsure:

My Chamberlain door opener came with this feature. Homelink and Internet. I can check the status of the door from across NA (the world?) and receive opening and closing notifications and can open or close the door from essentially anywhere.
Not bad for a $250 garage door opener.
I highly recommend the $30 addition to your existing garage door opener.
I suggested that as an alternative to installing the expensive Homelink. My last six vehicles all had Homelink and they were less expensive than the ID4! It has always amazed me as to what car companies decide to leave out of their vehicles. Maybe VW decided that the majority of ID4 buyers/leaser do not live in dwellings that have garage doors! ;)

ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
Area night light!

Ever since my wife's Jetta (2005, I think) we both really loved the LED in the overhead that cast a subtle red glow over the center console and center stack at night. Since that car, her Passat and S60, my allroad and i3 have all had a similar always-on nightlight.

It seems like the ID.4 is missing this feature and those unlit touch volume and temp controls could have benefited from it.

ID.4 FE GW
I miss my old car's stereo: I could listen to it and recognize its sound as music.
Not true for the ID.4. Its speakers are at your feet and the sound is as dynamic and engaging as a paper cut.

Blue ID.4 FE, Jan., OR
I miss having direct buttons to HVAC functions, not hidden in a submenu. Also a steering wheel button to turn on & off lane keep assist.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts