Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I both drive our 2023 ID.4. So when I first got the car I set up a profile for myself, and paired my phone.

When she started driving it, I made her install the myVW app on her phone, make an account, add it to the car and then pair her phone. I was expecting that my profile -> my phone, her profile ->her phone. It seems to not work that way though. I pick my profile and we're both in the car and her phone connects and vice versa.

If we need to manually be going and picking phones every time we're both in the car what is the point of the profiles? The only thing I can tell is any different is the color scheme for the car. We don't get radio presets, our keys don't automatically pick profiles.

Is there something I'm missing? I'm wondering if maybe we should just delete the second profile to (hopefully) not be prompted every single time we drive which profile to use.

· Premium Member
755 Posts
'm wondering if maybe we should just delete the second profile to (hopefully) not be prompted every single time we drive which profile to use.
Even with just one profile the screen pops up to confirm the profile name at the start of each drive.

2023 ID.4 Pro RWD Pure Gray
168 Posts
Is there a way to stop asking for it each time the car starts? I am the only one that drives mine. I deleted my profile and was just going to use guest but when I did that it removed the vehicle from my VW app. I add it back to the app and I am the user once again and have to click it each time. Very annoying. Being a Pro and not an S it wouldn't help me anyways with my seat position.

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Even with just one profile the screen pops up to confirm the profile name at the start of each drive.
Dang.

Profiles save your seat position as well as ambient colors.
Well that's too bad I don't have power seats (pro trim). I guess if I did they would be a lot more useful. I don't really care if the colors change.

Our dealer told us that he expected Users to be removed in the next software update (no idea when that will be).
As it actually ties to color and seat settings (for trims that support it) I guess it's not going to really be removed.

· Premium Member
755 Posts
A glimmer of hope though. Knowledgable folks (with a good track record) on this forum have said that profiles will be linked with a key fob in a future update. Then no need for on-screen confirmation check. So it looks like the "un-check" is in the mail. :)

2023 ID4 AWD PRO S Pure Gray
43 Posts
Profiles save your seat position as well as ambient colors.
Can you help describe how to do this as I am the only driver and it's hit or miss for me the seat adjusts back to my preferred setting (1) usually I have press 1 manually to adjust the seat.
Thanks

2021 AWD Pro S on 2.1
3,280 Posts
Does this happen in the pre-3.1 versions of the software too? Or, is this something new in 3.1?
No I never get prompted. Its one feature (bug?) I am not looking forward to when I get the 3.1 update. Another 3.1 bug that I have never seen is the random reset of my chosen colors. I have had my seat and mirror position randomly move overnight like a ghost lives in the car, but it has not done that for a few months now.

206 Posts
Can you help describe how to do this as I am the only driver and it's hit or miss for me the seat adjusts back to my preferred setting (1) usually I have press 1 manually to adjust the seat.
Thanks
Do you have the "easy entry" seat option enabled? There's an issue with that where the seat doesn't always go back where it's supposed to. I was having that issue, disabled the "easy entry" option, and then never had a problem*.

Someone in another thread did some experiments with it, I don't remember all the details, but it had something to do with not locking your car (like it works normally if you lock your car before re-entering, but there's some kind of bug when you get out and back in without locking the car).

* lately my ambient light and seat settings have been getting reset, and when that happens the easy entry setting gets re-enabled, so I have to go back in and disable it.

Reactions: hks
1 - 20 of 31 Posts