1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Super Moderator
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the adaptors for trailer lights as documented here:

·
469 Posts
I bought a USB-C to microSD memory card dongle, from my kinda close Micro Center, for my favorite sounds. Fits nicely in the console cubby.
As usual, this old submarine dog hates the FE UI, especially since I really liked my Jetta UI.
At least it works. After a month of missing my sounds, it was relaxing 😌 to listen to my favorites. Not sure why I waited so long, more new tricks?

·
ID.4 FE GW
385 Posts
I'd like to do a major audio upgrade with new front speakers plus a high quality amp with DSP.
I have picked out the components and an installer I trust, but I want the car to work better before doing it - It still does not charge reliably.

·
114 Posts
Trailer hitch delete. (4) 16mm bolts and it's out. Replaced the bolts back into the car so the holes don't get rusty.

Also pulled up some of the front carpet to reveal a huge styrofoam block underneath the pedal area. This is why my feet feel so high up and my thighs don't touch the front of the seat... Going to modify this at some point so the carpet sits lower to the actual floor under where my heels go. If I screw it up, the styrofoam can't cost that much to replace. :)

·
114 Posts
I'd like to do a major audio upgrade with new front speakers plus a high quality amp with DSP.
I have picked out the components and an installer I trust, but I want the car to work better before doing it - It still does not charge reliably.
Please make a thread when you do. Interested in the speaker sizes and how the vehicle is currently wired.

·
26 Posts
Newbie here, took delivery of our Pro S last Sunday. First thing I did was de-badge it once we got home. Today, got the front two windows tinted with 35% ceramic tint.

View attachment 3220
View attachment 3221
I’m really liking these newer style fender/door emblems. I hope my Pro S Gradient has them as they flow better and look less like an afterthought vs. the prior 1st Edition badge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Proud FE owner
970 Posts
Curb rash on my right front. 😢 Parked to the side it a tight parking lot and caught it backing out.

·
10 Posts
@fiehlsport if you don’t have plans for the hitch, would you consider reaching out/sending it to drawtite/curt/etc so they can pattern it? I know myself and others hope to find a 2” hitch version for our bikes/racks.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
822 Posts
My neighbor had a bike rack with a 1-1/4" hitch that they practically gave to me. It was gathering dust - they had gotten an ebike which was too heavy for this rack. Had I not stumbled across this thing, I might have started looking at garage sales for something similar.

I ordered the wiring thing for a trailer hitch - that came in this week along with a 4-pin adapter. Not yet installed - I might install the bike rack this weekend, and I can install the wiring plug at the same time. I have no specific plan for hauling a trailer, but I wanted to get some of the prep work done in case the need ever arises.

·
ID.4 1st Edition Blue (acquired 4/20/2021)
107 Posts
After seeing the above post, I deleted the hitch also….Easy, looks better and since I am not going to tow….makes sense.

·
469 Posts
I’m really liking these newer style fender/door emblems. I hope my Pro S Gradient has them as they flow better and look less like an afterthought vs. the prior 1st Edition badge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm planning to do the trailing emblem addition to the rear of the 1ST emblem. Looks like a simple double sided 3M tape attachment. Kinda' uniquifies my FE. I'm surprised VW didn't do it.

·
77 Posts
I'm planning to do the trailing emblem addition to the rear of the 1ST emblem. Looks like a simple double sided 3M tape attachment. Kinda' uniquifies my FE. I'm surprised VW didn't do it.
I am interested as well. Keep us posted!

·
Super Moderator
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Trailer hitch delete. (4) 16mm bolts and it's out. Replaced the bolts back into the car so the holes don't get rusty.
Can you post a picture of the underside of the bumper with the hitch removed? I would like to see what it looks like with the hitch removed. Thanks

·
114 Posts
@fiehlsport if you don’t have plans for the hitch, would you consider reaching out/sending it to drawtite/curt/etc so they can pattern it? I know myself and others hope to find a 2” hitch version for our bikes/racks.
Hey, that's not a bad idea. I'll add it to my reminders list and try to get to it one of these nights after junior has gone to bed. Done! Contacted Curt. :)

Can you post a picture of the underside of the bumper with the hitch removed? I would like to see what it looks like with the hitch removed. Thanks
Sure thing! Stand by... should be a little later.

·
Super Moderator
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here you go….Some pics of mibe, saving fiehlsport some time (unless they can get better pics the sun was causing issues)….
Thanks. I was just wondering if there was a plate under the hitch or an open area. I see there is no big area for debris to enter. Thanks!!

·
2021 First Edition
170 Posts
I think the storage could be improved in the main cabin, so I fired up the 3D printer and made a small tray for in front of the cup holder.

CoinTray.jpg

I also think the wireless charging mat is great, but when the phone is on the mat, the space above it is wasted. So, I printed a small shelf that allows me to put the phone down below and still have room for more stuff above.

·
469 Posts
I think the storage could be improved in the main cabin, so I fired up the 3D printer and made a small tray for in front of the cup holder.

View attachment 3283

I also think the wireless charging mat is great, but when the phone is on the mat, the space above it is wasted. So, I printed a small shelf that allows me to put the phone down below and still have room for more stuff above.

View attachment 3284
First prize for innovation 🙌.
My iPhone runs hot when charging. Might making that smaller cubby cause phone overheating?
Great implementation 👍.
Did you use the card holder for better stability and strength for the upper cubby?
Did you laser measure for the exact dimensions like WeatherTech 😉?

1 - 20 of 114 Posts