Volkswagen ID Forum banner
261 - 280 of 319 Posts

·
ID.4 1ST MAX
6 Posts
Disabled the "noisemakers" at the front and rear of the car. Work in progress, but I am working to get it functional without any errors on the dash. Surprise - they're part of the car's network and need to stay in-place, but... muted. ;-)

I love the ID.4 without any noise, it feels so much more refined at low speeds. Very relaxing. Tomorrow I'm going to get some resistors from the electronics store and will update with a "How-to" thread when complete. It felt so much more serene without that robotic nonsense playing.

View attachment 3303
I would love to do the same with my car.
How is your progressed so far?
I can find the soundbox in front (Do you have to remove the entire front bumper to get it out?) but where is it in the rear?
Have you sorted it out with ressitors to avoid errors? How?

·
2021 VW ID.4 FE
106 Posts
Any of youbguys know of a Danish/German/Scandinavian supplier of the tray?
There isn’t one to the best of my knowledge. I know shipping to EU is expensive, but if you get multiple products it’ll cost you the same to ship up to 2kg parcel as if you got just the tray. Also for two or more items I have 15% discount. Another suggestion is to pool with other ID.4 folks in you area and put a larger order, to offset shipping cost.

I already shipped 12 orders to Denmark and over 200 total to EU since September 2020

Check my ID.4 accessories at YuriKAccessories | Etsy

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S AWD In My Garage!
59 Posts
Saturday mod project....I don't like chrome;). Got another vinyl wrap project that I want to do once I receive the larger pieces of vinyl.....

BONUS pic: This is my 2019 Dual motor I wrapped myself a while back. Took several weekend and watching lots of YouTube "How To" videos, but it came out nice.
(pics removed to keep things clean)
Very nice work.
Just curious if you remember which videos you watched to as you were working on it?
I'm pretty sure I'm going to wrap mine as quickly as I can after I get it. I'm trying to find some wraps that are similar to those used by the demo cars. That purple/read shift wrap is amazing. I'd "settle" for the green shift, though! hahaha

·
81 Posts
Very nice work.
Just curious if you remember which videos you watched to as you were working on it?
I'm pretty sure I'm going to wrap mine as quickly as I can after I get it. I'm trying to find some wraps that are similar to those used by the demo cars. That purple/read shift wrap is amazing. I'd "settle" for the green shift, though! hahaha
There's a channel on YouTube called "CK Wraps" he posts lots of videos. Really great tutorials on his channel.

·
iD4 Pro Performance Max - Ordered July 2021 - Delivery December 2021 (hopefully)
628 Posts
Passat is a great car, but alas sedans in the USA are going the way of the Dodo. :confused:
I remember 10 years ago the Qashqai was one of the best-selling cars in Europe. It marked a point of crossovers being the most popular cars. And sure sales of sedans, wagons, and mini-vans, reduced. But they didn't go away every company still makes a wide variety of all shapes of car.

Here are the Wagons VW sells in the UK:

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Automotive lighting

Mercedes:
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

BMW:
Car Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle

My point is that while sales are lower, they ARE still sold. Whereas in the US whole categories of car have gone-for-good!

·
2021 Pro-S AWD Dusk Blue
37 Posts

·
1,086 Posts
I always liked their OE Line and it only lowers about 1 1/2” but the ride and most of all handling is greatly improved. Anti-dive too.
No from BadAss Tents made in Poway California

·
2 Posts
Disabled the "noisemakers" at the front and rear of the car. Work in progress, but I am working to get it functional without any errors on the dash. Surprise - they're part of the car's network and need to stay in-place, but... muted. ;-)

I love the ID.4 without any noise, it feels so much more refined at low speeds. Very relaxing. Tomorrow I'm going to get some resistors from the electronics store and will update with a "How-to" thread when complete. It felt so much more serene without that robotic nonsense playing.

View attachment 3303
Hi, can you send me a link to the how to thread? I’d like to do whatever you did. Thanks!

·
'22 Niro EV, '19 Ioniq EV
459 Posts
Hi, can you send me a link to the how to thread? I’d like to do whatever you did. Thanks!
I don't know if a thread exists anymore - it ruffles too many feathers... :) You have to crack open the F&R speaker housings with a heat gun and re-wire the speaker output to run through an 8 ohm resistor. If that sounds like something you're interested in taking on - PM me and I should have some pics.

261 - 280 of 319 Posts