Volkswagen ID Forum banner
281 - 300 of 319 Posts

·
2021 VW ID.4 FE
269 Posts
I don't know if a thread exists anymore - it ruffles too many feathers... :) You have to crack open the F&R speaker housings with a heat gun and re-wire the speaker output to run through an 8 ohm resistor. If that sounds like something you're interested in taking on - PM me and I should have some pics.
I think the thread may have been removed out of concern that a required safety feature was being altered or possibly removed.

·
Premium Member
Pro S AWD | Moonstone | Lunar Grey
332 Posts
Not really a mod, more like an addition…

Picked up a Hershel Chapter Connect bag to hold a bunch of things (flashlight, gloves, air/tire gages, ODBELEVEN, etc.). Lots of pockets and fits nicely in the side storage spaces.

Automotive tire Grey Vehicle door Automotive design Wood

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Luggage and bags Grille

Brown Luggage and bags Textile Bag Orange

Grey Personal luxury car Vehicle door Automotive design Fixture
Rectangle Grey Font Wood Packaging and labeling

·
ID.4 1st
10 Posts
There is someone who applied rubber seal strip like the ones sold for Tesla, for extra protection and less noise? I am asking because I find only one seller for ID, and hundred for Tesla.

·
2021 Moonstone Gray ID.4 Pro S AWD
68 Posts
I’ve been busy this week. Since I got my car two weeks ago, I’ve done…

7-pin trailer wiring adapter
Back up camera hood
20% front side window tint
Viofo dash cam and Valentine 1 radar detector hardwired
Front and rear splash guards from Amazon

Pretty pleased!!
Wheel Vehicle Sky Car Tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Premium Member
82 Posts

·
Proud FE Owner with AWD Kings red ordered
51 Posts
We’ve had the new ID4 for just a week, but was able to get a dash cam installed, and tried a paint protectant product that’s way easier and cheaper than ceramic coating. This dash cam looks factory and works really well. I will post some pics tomorrow.
Bottle Shipping box Liquid Solution Packaging and labeling

·
2021 VW ID.4 FE
106 Posts
Swapped out the OEM hitch with the Curt 2” hitch today. Took me literally 5 minutes to swap.

View attachment 11366
Did that too a couple month back. Can’t wait till Memorial weekend to go to the campground

Check out my ID.4 accessories in my Etsy shop yurikaccessories.Etsy.com

·
2021 VW ID.4 FE
106 Posts
Testing a prototype for glovebox light

Check out my ID.4 accessories in my Etsy shop yurikaccessories.Etsy.com

·
1 Posts
Disabled the "noisemakers" at the front and rear of the car. Work in progress, but I am working to get it functional without any errors on the dash. Surprise - they're part of the car's network and need to stay in-place, but... muted. ;-)

I love the ID.4 without any noise, it feels so much more refined at low speeds. Very relaxing. Tomorrow I'm going to get some resistors from the electronics store and will update with a "How-to" thread when complete. It felt so much more serene without that robotic nonsense playing.

View attachment 3303
I am dreaming of turning off the noise makers! If you were successful, can you share how you did it? btw, is the speaker in the picture front or rear?

·
ID.4 1st Edition Blue (4/20/2021) & Pro/S (8/20/21)
425 Posts
I am dreaming of turning off the noise makers! If you were successful, can you share how you did it? btw, is the speaker in the picture front or rear?
😂 - the update reportedly makes them louder! But, if you’re in the US, like me, you probably won’t have to worry about that for a while… 😂

·
7 Posts
Any of youbguys know of a Danish/German/Scandinavian supplier of the tray?
Hi Check out this link. They provide the lower console and the upper tray for the card slot

·
ID.4 GTX & Golf 1 Cabriolet
962 Posts
Tha
Hi Check out this link. They provide the lower console and the upper tray for the card slot

Thank you!

·
9 Posts
Another option for Plug & Play

281 - 300 of 319 Posts