Volkswagen ID Forum banner
301 - 319 of 319 Posts

·
Premium Member
Pro S AWD | Moonstone | Lunar Grey
332 Posts
Did this a couple of months back and only recently did try it out.

I added glow in the dark dots from Amazon to the unlit control markers. While they don’t glow brightly it‘s just enough that you can see them even after a couple hours on a pitch dark road.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Bumper

I chose the ones below because it includes very small dots and glows blue.

·
517 Posts
Installed Fobo tire 2 today.
Was afraid of the size of the valve sensors but was surprised how compact they are and not too noticeable.
App provides interesting tire pressure data on how the pressure can vary when driving during temperature fluctuations.
Has a compact receiver that alarms if it drops below the preset tire pressure.
Should be visible in google maps nav in car but haven't checked yet.
Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel rim Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Watch Rectangle Font Material property Parallel

·
2 Posts
The ID.4 would probably be one of the easier cars to wrap. There's really no large panels and/or complex curves. The only challenging spot I think would be wrapping around the side mirrors. Would most likely either have to remove it and the stalk or hide a cut seam. The roof was a lot of work for me because as I posted earlier, I didn't want to drop the headliners to remove the roof rails and fin antenna.
Man, I've loved everything you've done to your car, thanks for all the pics and descriptions. I originally wanted the Moonstone gray, but switched to white. My order hasn't locked yet, so I might switch back. I think black wheels would look great on your color, what do you think? Powdercoating would be best, but I might give Plasti-Dip a whirl.

·
2021 VW ID.4 FE
106 Posts
Right now it is just attached in the back with Velcro. It's actually pretty stable.

When I get around to it, I'll print an "L" shaped bracket that goes in the slot and glues to the bottom of the tray for even more stability.

Oh, and for the phone tray, you could probably print it with holes/mesh on the shelf to allow for more ventilation.

EDIT : A few people have asked for the 3D printer files, here they are in case you want to print your own:

Check products in my Etsy shop. Right now I am running 20% OFF sale celebrating 1-year making accessories for VW ID.4: yurikaccessories.etsy.com

Reactions: nigela and Huey52
301 - 319 of 319 Posts