Volkswagen ID Forum banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
ID.4 Pro S Dusk Blue w/Black
13 Posts
Just the "ID.4" badge off the rear lift gate. I removed it using a heat gun to warm it up and fishing line to slice through the double sided tape on the back. "Goo Gone" to remove the access tape left over.
Are you leaving that space blank or putting something custom there?

·
45 Posts
Weekend mod: clear bra. Covered the headlights, light bar between the headlights, the middle section of the bumper and the front piece on the hood.

Pics of the front piece on the hood:

·
45 Posts
nice, where did you order your paint protection film? I ordered a roll from eBay and I couldn't pay for higher ends like Suntek or XPEL.
I just ordered a roll of 3M ppf off of Amazon. I'm sure there's some benefits of the more expensive films, but they all pretty much do the same thing. I think it's all about the proper installation.

·
2021 ID.4 First Edition (Dusk Blue)
217 Posts
I just ordered a roll of 3M ppf off of Amazon. I'm sure there's some benefits of the more expensive films, but they all pretty much do the same thing. I think it's all about the proper installation.
How long did it take you? This seems to be the type of thing I might have to pay someone to do. I can't even get the cell phone screen protectors to look right.

·
45 Posts
Yeah, you have to be really patient to install it and use lots and lots of "slip solution" which is basically just water and a little dish soap and also a isopropyl alcohol and water solution to aid in adhesion. The upper part near the hood took me probably a few hours alone.

·
122 Posts
Finally a phone mount that is worth buying! ProClipUSA just started shipping the ID.4 car mount just over a week ago. I tested the car mount with my old phone holder (they sell the car mount and phone holder separately if you're not familiar) to test it. Worked great, so I ordered the MagSafe phone holder for my iPhone. Perfect. Well, almost perfect. I'd rather it didn't block the already not-quite-big-enough vent, but there is still enough airflow for me. Also, this cools the back of the phone while it's charging, and added bonus. Strong recommend! MagSafe isn't normally strong enough to hold the phone on its own, this phone holder has a small foot for the phone to rest on.

If you've got an Android phone, the've got phone holders for you too.

I'm not paid for this, I'm just an extremely happy ProClip repeat customer. They're far from cheap, but I've given up on any other product. They're just the best out there. Here are a few pics:

IMG_0036.jpeg

example:
ProClip:
Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 7.05.47 AM.png

·
White Pro S
183 Posts
You know, I've got a much cheaper choetech mount that works well and is like fifteen bucks. Magsafe too.

·
White Pro S
183 Posts
Actually I'm tempted to get one of these and a fuse tap USB cable, then hide the charging cord under the dash. That'd be nice and clean and give faster charging than the built in wireless charger to boot. Shame magsafe doesn't have some sort of data component too.

·
338 Posts
It is not possible, they locked it down tight with good encryption that requires a secured connection between a VW server and the car and nobody has hacked it in the few years since they did that. Maybe someday, but then the car would probably get an OTA to block it since it would also allow malicious hacks as well as the good ones we want.
Talk to the Russians, they seem to have some good hackers!! 😉

101 - 114 of 114 Posts